K&N Jet Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar issue, different problem.
    I have an 82 GS 650 E, all stock, but I've purchased a Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit and K&N filters for it. The problem is, Dennis Kirk directed me to Dynojet to get instructions for installing the kit, and now Dynojet has told me, "The guide that the parts list refers to is non-existent. I am going to be unable to send you anything other than the parts list that you already received."
    The drill bits are there, the parts themselves are present, but there's no telling where to drill holes and what to put in them.
    Does anybody have directions for installing these things?
    I'm a new reader, by the way, and I love the site!
    J. Daniel

Comment

i had a simalr problem they lost the instructs for my 550, just go to the website www.dynojet.com and look for any of the instructions for a 80's gs i used a 81 750 or something. i think most 80's gs had simalar carbs styles (4 cv type carbs) i'm not sure what you have but if you have the 4 indivual carbs then you can use some of the instructions they have there for them. they may even have the some instructs for the tscc models too. it's all about just knowing where the original peices are and then replaceing them with the dyno pieces. there are basicaly like 4 steps i had to do, drill the hole in the slides, replace the main jet, and glue in a pilot air restrictor and replace the stock needle btw they have you place the e clip on the needle on the 3rd ridge from the bottom to start with then you can adjust it as nessary. it was pretty simple looking back at it. the hardest part will be figureing out how many turns you need to put your mixture screws at intially so you can start it, to tune it better. i'll give you an example the factory setting of my bike was 3.5 turns out, for the dyno kit they said 2.5 turns, so you can try that. if you need i can scan a copy of my trouble shooting paper work they sent to me, it seems very helpfull.

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
      X