No announcement yet.

Best exhaust for GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run my V&H with out the fiberglass packing, at higher revs it sound sweet. Just right during the days but a little loud sneeking in late at night!

Comment

Can stock exhaust pipes be refurbished to be as good as new?

Rudi
      1980 GS1100E

Comment

Can stock exhaust pipes be refurbished to be as good as new?

Rudi
        1980 GS1100E
        Unless you are restoring the bike to original condition - they question is "why"? Aftermarket look better (subjective), weigh less, and perform better (both objective). It will cost money either way.

Comment

Hello Guys this is my first post in this area.
          I have aquired a Bassini pipe that needs to be refinished but I am not sure how it performs with the 81 GS 1100E of Canadian origin. when the bike is fired up it is way to loud and in the upper rev range freinds say they can here me for miles, even with glass packing. Any ideas how to make it sound quieter. I have the stock 34CV carbs but plan to change those this winter. Any assistance will ge greatful.
          Regards, Archie.

Comment

You can also use newer GSXR1100 (oil cooled ones) pipes with little fiddling...
            With a lot of fiddling - not a little. The bolt spacing is different on the oil cooled 1100's. The spacing is narrower, so the flange bolt holes do not line up.

I'm assuming that you want to use on a GS1100. I only have the measurements for the GSXR and GS 1100's. The spacing on a GS700 may be different - ask Hap.

Comment

My pipes are rusted and was wondering what the cheapest solution would be. I know that sticking new ones on would ruin them before too long, but would like to know some time estimates.
              thanks,

Comment

Regarding Bassani - they still make pipes but only for Harleys. Tommy Crawford bought out all their old dies and patterns and I know he's making two stroke exhausts currently. You can reach him at:

T.C. Exhaust
                1126 Navarre Drive
                Hemet, CA 92543
                (909) 658-4205

It's been a couple of years since I talked to them so let me know if they've folded since then!

Comment

anyone using GXSr pipes on thier 82 1100/750E if so what year will fit with little or no mods

Comment

anyone using GXSr pipes on thier 82 1100/750E if so what year will fit with little or no mods
                    Did you read my post?

1) The bolt spacing isn't the same. I have physical measurements to back me up on this.
                    2) There is an exhaust gasket mismatch. I have both gaskets - not the same.
                    3) the routing of the pipe may interfere with your foot pegs. Not a problem for me as I'm using rearsets and can move them.

I am having new flanges machined to fit the GSXR pipe to my 1100. I designed and orded through emachineshop. I will have new inserts machined later.

This may be more than most can handle. I'm saying that this is not a direct fit - at least to he 1100. I think Hap used some GSXR pipes on his 700. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the exhaust bolt spacing is different on the 1100 and 700.

If you want a set of flanges I can increase my order from 4 to 8 (or more if anyone else wants them. The price for 4 is about $70 - for 8 it jumps to like $80. It is not a linear price increase.

I don't know if anyone reads what I post or if they just don't believe me.

Let me know if I'm waisting my time posting this info.

Comment

It's me using the Yosh Gixxer pipe on my 700. The '83 and up 700/750 models share the same port diameter and spacing as the oil cooled GSXR's. Earlier 750 and liter class GS models have larger diameter ports.

Comment

Billy - sorry for confusing you with Hap. A mind is a terrible thing to waiste.

Or, better yet -

"What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is."

-- Quayle, speaking to the United Negro College Fund

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium racing
                          I would use a bassani if i could find one, or a Yosh handbent
                          Hello Lithium Racer
                          Please tell me why eveyone is raveing about the Bassini pipe I do have one. I know form years ago they were the hot ticket, but my memory fails me .
                          Can u please give me some details on what I should expect from this pipe and what carbs or other mods I could do for a hot street setup,without breaking the bank.
                          Thanks, Archie

Comment

Working...
                          X