Radial Slides VS Flat Slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radial Slides VS Flat Slides

I've been researching these carbs and figured if I ever went to an after market carb I'd use the 34mm RS carbs. I've found some flat slide carbs for sale as well. Is there an advantage to one opposed to the other? or are they one in the same?

Thanks

Radial slides? I've never head carbs called that.

I know of flatslides, roundslides, and D slides. I think most modern race carbs are flatslides, I'm guessing that's for a reason.

Comment

The RS's are made for our bikes. The flatsides are made for the Slingshots. Wrong angle.

Comment

These are listed as flat slides but they are vertical and not 15 degrees offset. This was my question because I thought they were Mikuni RS carbs which they are. The seller just listed them as flatslide (which i guess technically they are).

Comment

I've run the same motor combinations as others, but I run the flat slide carbs. I always seem to make more HP with the flat slides. I think 34's should work really well on a stock motor.

Comment

"These are listed as flat slides but they are vertical and not 15 degrees offset. This was my question because I thought they were Mikuni RS carbs which they are. The seller just listed them as flatslide (which i guess technically they are)."

Per the Sudco Mikuni Tuning Manual: "RS Series Radial Flat Slide Carburetors" is exactly what they're called. I run the 34's on my '80 GS1100ET. Easy to tune. The only draw back to me is the throttle spring strength. It's a killer on my wrist.

The only thing I'm confused about is I've never seen a set of slides that were 15 degrees offset. Got any pictures of that? I'd be interested in seeing them.

Comment

Flatslide Spring

Hey just so you know, you can adjust the spring tension on the RS flatslides.
              I believe there are three tension settings, I think. It's been a while since I adjusted mine so I'd have to re-check how to go about doing it, but I don't believe it was difficult. Plus if you have the push-pull cables on, you shouldn't have to worry about relying on the spring so much to close the throttle.

Comment

gday mate,rs36 radial flat slide mikunis, also work fairly well on standard 1100 motors, i also have never seen 15 degree offset slides,in the carby body, i was sure it was just the float bowl that was so as to maximise fuel capacity in it,regards.

Comment

Working...
                X