ZX7 parts on a GS700E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX7 parts on a GS700E?

Iv'e heard that the early NINJA's and GSXR's had alot of interchangeable parts. I was wondering if anyone out there has some knowledge of what years of the ZX's parts will interchange, and therefore would work on our GS's. Looking for info on brakes, forks and trees, swingarm, wheels etc...
    It would open up more possibilities when searching for used parts to have a few more choices. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.:-D

Agreed! As the owner of a non U.S. Katana, I'm always looking for parts that will swap over from something more available here in the states.

Comment

Yup, hopefully some of these guys who know these bikes inside out will chime in here soon!:-D

Comment

Haven't heard anything yet, although I did realize the fork seals of a 83 GPz will fit the 82 GS 1000's.... And I dare bet they'd fit all GS's of 37mm diameter.

Comment

Suzuki Cross Reference Software

Seems like this would be a help for you. $25 to download and get a complete database cross reference at your finger tips.

Suzuki Cross Reference Software, manual, repair, exchange, spares, gixxer, fix, service, factory

Posplayr

Comment

parts swap

i
            don't
            know about zx7 but i do know by doing it zx6ood
            front ends
            with swap right over with no
            mod's
            . just swap out the bottom
            bearing
            to gs size ones'

Comment

One small piece of info I can throw out there....the splines are different on the shifter shafts. Probably different on the brake shafts too.

Comment

Maybe this'll help.

An interesting, romantic and at the same time very dangerous profession attracts not only men, but also women

and maybe I'll be good for something today.

Comment

Suzuki Cross Reference Software

Has anyone bought this? I think it would be cool if we could find a way to have that on the site if at all possible. Might have to contact their company and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by GS700E Lover View Post
                    Has anyone bought this? I think it would be cool if we could find a way to have that on the site if at all possible. Might have to contact their company and ask.
                    I agree. That would be very handy.

Comment

I just inquired of the company.

"Your inquiry has been successfully sent to Zedder Enterprises."

Oh, also there is http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/ but everybody knows that.

Comment

Most things like wheels and forks are sourced from the same suppliers with minor differences depending on which bike they are going onto. I don't think it would be any more trouble fitting late model Kaw suspension parts than it is to fit Suzuki parts.

Comment

Working...
                        X