1st Gen GS 750 front end swap ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Gen GS 750 front end swap ?s

Here's the deal, I have the 79 rolling rebuild that I wanted to keep near original. It has the alloy wheels with dual calipers originally. Issue is the known weak front brakes & suspension(used to the SV with upgraded GSXR 4 pots, SS lines & .90 springs), and I'm uncertain of what front ends are bolt ons with mere bearing changes. I'd like to upgrade to 2 pot calipers with cross drilled rotors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2008, 07:14 AM.

Been reading all of the other threads on the subject, and have come with some other possibile options.

Since many seem to be doing GSXR swaps on GS models, and many more do them to SV models........why couldn't one do a GSXR swap on a SV, in turn swapping the SV front end to the GS?

Of course, a new rear wheel and swing arm would be in order for the GS. Also, I'd like for both front & rear wheels to match on both bikes as well. Possibilty that I could get the proper bearings to mount the SV rear on the GS, but most GSXR wheels are too wide for the SV swingarm. I can figure most of the SV stuff out on SVR.

Matter of fact I may have some riding buds over there who ride/race SVs and have a SV front end laying around.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I suspect you'd need bearing swaps because the GSXR stuff people use on these is older than on SVs

I'd just go with GSXF "katana" stuff if I were you, it might not be as good as more modern stuff but it's considerably better than stock (or so I've heard - I'm doing a swap soon and will post what I think about it).

Comment

Working...
      X