Retractable license plate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retractable license plate....

Looking for an early type choke lever for my GS1000, because I just like reaching down and playing with something on the engine better than pulling a little gay knob on the handlebars. Once I do this mod, it leaves me with an extra knob actuated cable to use for something else....
    Why not a flip-up license plate holder? Not that I would ever do anything illegal but it would occasionally be nice to go incognito for a while...

Life is too short to ride an L.

How about a flip-over plate with a useful message on the back, such as, "back off, please", or "eat my dust".

No actual help on the lever...
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      How about a flip-over plate with a useful message on the back, such as, "back off, please", or "eat my dust".

No actual help on the lever...
      Got the lever all designed in my head already... I'm thinking flip the plate up and uncover the twin 30mm gun barrels.

Comment

This is easy.

Measure the bike and decide on the length you need beforehand, then visit any garden supply store and ask for throttle controls for a lawn mower.

They come in various lengths and with different mounts and handles.
        If you cannot find an original Suzi part, this can work for you.
        Last edited by argonsagas; 03-19-2008, 08:34 AM.
        "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Bond, James Bond.

Martini, shaken not stirred.

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

flip down cover plate is the way to go!
            read a story recently about some very clever Australian teens that managed to sneak up and steal the licence plate from a police speed camera van. they put the plate on their car and made many high speed passes by the speed camera van they took the plate from!!

you could watch for police bikes and write down the licence plate number from one and make up a copy using the police number.

Comment

I had a buddy that would drop handfulls of pennies on the pavement when people would tailgate him on the highway. Chips and cracks galore in the car behind.
              Maybe you could make a release for coins with your spare lever?

Comment

I always wanted to have a paintball gun installed but instead of paintballs use paint remover balls.

Comment

Tear gas would be another option. Imagine the discomfort when that stuff comes through the guy's vents. And, if done properly, the tailgater would never know where it came from. Use the silent but deadly delivery style. lol
                  Willie in TN
                  Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                  '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                  '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                  '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

not that i endorse screwing with people at speed, but i do know of one rider, a lawyer no less, who used to keep a handfull of 1/2" to 3/4" ball bearings in his pockets. When someone moved into him, cut him off, tail gated a lot, or forced him off the road, he would work his way ahead of them about 50-70feet, and whip a fist full of these bears into the ground... at highway speeds they destroy lights, windshields..

as for better things to shoot, I would suggest little packages of concentrated liquid soap.. they do no perminant damage, and will take a good bit of washer fluid to water down enough to whipe off. in the mean time any whiping action will just make nice rainbow streaks on the glass.

Comment

I have that choke lever if you are serious about needing one.
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                        Use the silent but deadly delivery style. lol
                        Willie in TN
                        Oohh, my favorite, I use this technique a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                          I have that choke lever if you are serious about needing one.
                          Actually I do prefer that type...
                          PMing.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
                            flip down cover plate is the way to go!
                            read a story recently about some very clever Australian teens that managed to sneak up and steal the licence plate from a police speed camera van. they put the plate on their car and made many high speed passes by the speed camera van they took the plate from!!
                            This made national headlines.

Very mischievous - I like it!!!! \\/

Comment

Friend of a friend with a Hayabusa top-hinged his license plate and cut off the backplate. At anything over about 30mph it would just rise up flat on the wind, and be unreadable by a camera behind. If charged, you could perhaps claim that you did this solely to provide access to (something), and had no idea it was moving. Can't claim 'sorry, it was an accident' if you have rigged a cable to do it.

As for tailgaters - we found by accident that just plain water works. The rear window washer on one of our Jeeps came loose and used to squirt water straight back. Just a coincidence but Marita found this out by cleaning the front screen while being tailgated, and then noticing in the mirror that the guy had dropped way back and was wiping his screen, too. Has the advantage that it would be difficult to prove you meant or could reasonably have foreseen any harm, and most people would probably not take as much offense as if you machine gun them :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X