so what exhaust will fit on a GS700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what exhaust will fit on a GS700?

A friend of mine has a full Yoshimura setup on his '82 GS750... I helped him get the bike running, and it looks like I might end up swapping exhausts with him.

Should his exhaust fit on my bike? I realize there may be clearance issues with footpegs/centerstand/etc, I'm mostly asking about whether it'll fit onto the cylinder head.

thanks

Nope. The spacing is different as well as the exhaust port diameter.

Comment

So what does fit? the 16V 700/750 of course, and the oilcooled GSXR/GSXF "katana"... is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
        So what does fit? the 16V 700/750 of course, and the oilcooled GSXR/GSXF "katana"... is that it?
        The 700 and the 750 are not interchangeable. I'm not sure what else fits.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
          Nope. The spacing is different

what ????? exhaust spacing is common across all gs, gsx, gsxr, & bandit 4 cylinder engines i'm sure :shock: the downpipes may be a smaller diameter but the spacing is the same, the ports too (but i seriously doubt it unless the 700 used a completely different head only for the us market = unlikely)

more explination required my friend :-D

Comment

The '83 and '84 750 is a match (same third-gen 750/700 motor). As is most oil-cooled GSXR/Bandit/Katana. You'll find lots of info in the archives if you do a search.

Comment

Just going with what BillyRicks told me when I was looking for another exhaust system for my friend's 700. I had a 4-1 from an '82 750 with the 16v and he assured me it wouldn't fit.

Comment

I thought the 82 750 was still the 8v... you sure it was 82 and a 16v? the head on my friend's 82 GS750 looks pretty different than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                  I thought the 82 750 was still the 8v... you sure it was 82 and a 16v? the head on my friend's 82 GS750 looks pretty different than mine.
                  There are two different engines for the 16v 750. In '83 the head changed to look more like yours, but what's even more confusing is that my T is an '83 and for those they used the leftover '82 engines, even though the rest of the '83 750's got the upgrade.

Comment

The ports on '83 and up 700/750 models had smaller ports like the oil cooled GSXR. The spacing is the same but port diameter is 42mm, smaller than other GS 750 and liter class heads.

Comment

Working...
                    X