Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busa Swingarm?

What's up GS Luvas?

Has anyone out there ever tride to put a Hayabusa swingarm and rear wheel on a 83 gs1100e? If so can you please give me some input?

Thanks,
    Supavert, Peace!

Yes they have

And one still looks avaliable.

Check it out although we have not heard from Spudjunkie for awhile

Posplayr

Comment

A 2006 Gixxer 1000 swingarm will fit in a 1000/1100 with a bit of work and creativity. :-D

Comment

juts check the width of the arm at the pivot point before going ahead mate, i have the feeling they are very wide there :?

the other thing i can think of is if you wanted to use the busa 6" wheel there could be chain alignment issues as its tight with a 5.5 anyway

hope it helps tone :-D

Comment

gs1100e /busa swingarm

i have a 1980 gs1100e that i want to convert to wide tire bike. i have a complete rear suspension ( swingarm-wheel-brake-rotor-sprocket) everything off a busa. measuring difference looks about 2mm (?) i still want to use stock shocks and not modify frame so i can always go back stock, has anyone done this? i need to look at photos on how shock mounts where added and which offset front sprocket was used and how it was all mounted. any help would be great as im sure this will work but trying not to have to back up 3 steps for every 1 i take forward.

Comment

I have a friend in the Bay area that put a Busa arm & front end on his 82 turbo 1100 & loves it. Ray.

Comment

arm

I have a couple of Busa arms and the 05/06 1000 arms plus a 4 over GS1150 arm that is not on the bike. I will measure them and see what the difference is. I also have a Busa complete rear wheel and some of the 5.5 GSXR wheels. I tried putting the Busa wheel in the 4 over GS arm and it is just to wide for the arm. I used a 90 GSXR 5.5 and altouhg I had to wedge it open a little it went on the 4 over arm and with a 180 tire does not look too bad. I will get some pics up tomorrow. I used a 530 Busa 5/8" offset sprocket. it was $48 dollars.

Comment

OK some pics of some of the swingarms and stuff.

first I have an 1150 arm for a GS that I used to compare. Here is the GS with a Bandit 1200 swingarm I have.

pretty close and would fit really easy.

Here is a stock 06 GSXR1000 swingarm. with the GS arm it is also close.

now here it is next to a my Busa arm. I think they all would work with not much fab work

Next just to show what it looks like I put a 6" inch wide stock Busa wheel in my 4" inch extended 1150 GS arm. notice I could not even get the brake caliper or spacer on. the arm would have to be widened.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_T112 View Post
                  I have a couple of Busa arms and the 05/06 1000 arms plus a 4 over GS1150 arm that is not on the bike. I will measure them and see what the difference is. I also have a Busa complete rear wheel and some of the 5.5 GSXR wheels. I tried putting the Busa wheel in the 4 over GS arm and it is just to wide for the arm. I used a 90 GSXR 5.5 and altouhg I had to wedge it open a little it went on the 4 over arm and with a 180 tire does not look too bad. I will get some pics up tomorrow. I used a 530 Busa 5/8" offset sprocket. it was $48 dollars.
                  Where did you get this 5/8" offset sprocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_T112 View Post
                    now here it is next to a my Busa arm. I think they all would work with not much fab work
                    I dont know what arm you have there but it sure doesnt look like a busa arm to me mate

Comment

arm

Your right....It was on my turbo Busa. it is a 03 GSXR600 arm extended 10" inches and had an underbrace put on it. We run these on the Busa's because 600 arms have no upper box and you can lower the bike more. I do have some stock Busa arms though. Good catch. here is another 600 arm I had on my Velocity stage 2 Turbo Busa. you can see why we needed the no box 600 arms. Good Catch!

Comment

thats good to know, a gsxr600 arm measurement is that close . . . . . thanx for the pics

Comment

Working...
                        X