wiseco 750 pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiseco 750 pistons

i was lookin around wiseco's web site for fun and i noticed that they had a bore kit for 77-79 750s that would bring it up to 844cc with a 69 mm bore. same as my 83 850. my question is are the wiseco 750 pistons compatible with an 850? like wrist pin dimensions? and would i do any damage to the engine with everything else stock but higher compression ratio pistons? it would be cool to get some higher compression(expensive also, i think).
    Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2008, 12:10 AM.

I can't say for sure, but the wrist pins for the 1979 GS750 and GS850 have the same part number,
    JP
    1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
    1992 Concours
    2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
    2007 FJR

Comment

I can't say for sure, but the wrist pins for the 1979 GS750 and GS850 have the same part number, so I would guess that yes they are compatible.
      JP
      1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
      1992 Concours
      2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
      2007 FJR

Comment

It all fits, doing this now to my 750.
        The only difference in cylinders is that the 850 sleeves are thicker, could be bored farther.

Does Wiseco have an oversize for that piston?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

all im trying to do is transfer wiseco 69mm bore pistons to my 850. wiseco does not have a piston for an 83 850.

Comment

Flycutting the head would be a lot cheaper way to get the cr up than pistons. Although you would have to deal with chain tension and cam timing issues. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Ruddock View Post
              Flycutting the head would be a lot cheaper way to get the cr up than pistons. Although you would have to deal with chain tension and cam timing issues. Dan
              Which would mean a set of cam sprockets and manual tensioner. Less money than pistons
              Speed Merchant
              http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
              X