vance & hines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vance & hines

Can anyone tell me if the vance & hines pro exhaust will fit my gs 750. the pipe diameter is the same as mine.Also are they any good and are they loud?.

It should fit. I have one on my GS1100EZ that I am looking to get rid of. The exhaust I have also lists to fit a GS750. They do sound very good, I do have a baffle in mine, they do not come with one new. Mine is pretty good excecpt for some discoloration and a couple dents I put in it on number 2 and 3 pipes. I have a GSXR750 front end that causes the header to rub the front tire when braking. I tried to heat the number 2 and 3 pipes and bend them so that they would not rub, didn't work so well, it just caused the discoloration is all and I had to put a ping in 2 and 3 to help with clearance. I will sell it cheap if you have any interest. The megaphone is perfect, and it performs just fine. I assume you want a new one though, Let me know, thanks.

Comment

Are you sure it will fit?.What is the difference between a street pipe and pro?.I have the gsxr front end on as well.Mine is a 750 so i went up to a 17 inch wheel from 16.Do you think i will have the same problem you have?.Do you have any pics?.I would be interested.

Bill

Comment

My front wheel is also a 17in. from a GSXR1100. The Pro pipe is a sidewinder that exits the right side while the street version goes below the frame. You may have the same problem as me if you have a GSXR front end with inverted forks. The shorter forks just don't allow for the same distance for the sidewinder between the front wheel and the frame. I could send you some pictures, but I assume it will not work if you have inverted forks.

Comment

Originally posted by rotty View Post
          Are you sure it will fit?.What is the difference between a street pipe and pro?.I have the gsxr front end on as well.Mine is a 750 so i went up to a 17 inch wheel from 16.Do you think i will have the same problem you have?.Do you have any pics?.I would be interested.

Bill
          If your 750 is an 83 or later you will have to take a grinder to the 1100 exhaust to reduce the diameter a little where it goes into the head. It is easy & you don't have to remove a lot of material. Ray.

Comment

Yes i have inverted forks as well..I was looking for a magphone for my bike.I like the old school look.I can get a ssr2 but i like the look of the magaphone.

Thanks anyways.

Comment

I think you would do better looking elsewhere, the 1100 sidewinder would be a challenge with your bike. Best wishes.

Comment

Sidewinders are great if you don't turn right much.
                Like a NASCAR bike.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Psalms23 View Post
                  It should fit. I have one on my GS1100EZ that I am looking to get rid of. The exhaust I have also lists to fit a GS750. They do sound very good, I do have a baffle in mine, they do not come with one new. Mine is pretty good excecpt for some discoloration and a couple dents I put in it on number 2 and 3 pipes. I have a GSXR750 front end that causes the header to rub the front tire when braking. I tried to heat the number 2 and 3 pipes and bend them so that they would not rub, didn't work so well, it just caused the discoloration is all and I had to put a ping in 2 and 3 to help with clearance. I will sell it cheap if you have any interest. The megaphone is perfect, and it performs just fine. I assume you want a new one though, Let me know, thanks.
                  I would likely be interested in your pipe, what are you asking for it?

Thanks

TCK

Comment

With the condition of the pipe, it is pretty much new, but with the stuff I did to it, maybe $100? The megaphone is perfect it's just the number 2 and 3 pipe on the header. Maybe you can leave your info in the message center and we can discuss this outside of this guys thread, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X