Dynojet kit rocks - thanks Keith & everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynojet kit rocks - thanks Keith & everyone

Finally got around to installing the K&N filters I had laying around with a Dynojet kit on my '78 GS1000. Wow, what a difference! It went from "yeah, it's pretty fast" to "holy sh*t this thing hauls!"

Funny how changing the airbox on modern bikes is bad for performance, but ditching it on this thing makes it feel like I bolted a GS550 engine on the side of my current motor. Now I understand why I paid $100 for a handful of jets. The pods look 10x better than the plastic airbox too.

I set the kit up according to Keith Krause's suggestions and some preliminary plug chops showed it's pretty much spot on. For the curious here's what I did:

- DJ138 main jets
    - DJ needle, fourth clip position from the top
    - did not change fuel screws from before (was already tweaked to match V&H pipe) about 1.0 turns out
    - adjusted air screws about 0-.5 turns for highest best idle. Most are in the 1.25-1.5 out range now.

Midrange is awesome, top end freakin' screams. I went riding with some friends last night and had no problem keeping up with a Ducati SportClassic 1000 up to about 80-90mph. Smoked a new Bonnie but that's not much to brag about

$100 is bad when you consider the tuning is pretty much done for you. You could easily spend that much buying jets to get it right and still not have proper needles.

Comment

Working...
    X