spark plug wires - GS700E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug wires - GS700E

I can't find them anywhere...does anyone know where I can get them?

Wires are built into the coil and are not available separately from Suzuki. Some people report success in digging the old wire out of the coil with a pick or similar, and installing commonly available 7mm wires from an auto parts store. The stock wires are solid core and the plug caps are suppression/resistor type. NGK caps are available from various sources and are a good match for the sold core wires. You can also go with suppression wires I suppose, along with non resistor caps - automotive type.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

So basically I need to buy the whole coil assembly?

Comment

you can try to pick it out or buy dyna green coils.

Comment

I picked the original HT leads from my coils and replaced them with aftermarket HT leads.
          To get the HT leads out I used a hook and pick set that I got from a engineering shop. It worked a treat.
          Like anything on the on these old bikes the secret is to take your time.
          The only issue I had was the HT leads were thinner that the hole. SO I was worried that I might not get a good contact the the pin. To double check I had pushed the leads on to the pins (at the bottom of the hole). Then used a multimeter to make sure there was a circuit from the end of one HT lead to the end of the HT lead.
          Once the old leads were out and the new ones in I sealed them with some high temp silicone sealant.
          It cant hurt to give it a try. If it works sweet you saved your self $120. If not well at least you have bought the new leads.
          Cheers

Comment

Hmmmm, the wires aren't bad per say, they wobble on the plug alot is what has me worried. I'm doing it mainly as new owner matienence.

Comment

You can just buy the spark plug ends for a couple bucks each. They should just unscrew from the wire. I would also suggest cutting a little (~1cm) off each end and putting dielectric grease between your new spark plug end and the wire to ensure good lasting connections. You should be able to get the ends at any dealer or online. It's probably easiest, depending on the price, to get them for a little more at the dealer than spend $ for shipping. Plus you get them sooner than later.. i cannot stand waiting for shipping.

Nick

Comment

Well the local suzuki dealership said they can only get the boots for 15 a peice. I don't even know if it's worth it at this point.

Comment

boots at z1. like 5 bucks apiece. i pulled my old wires out of the coils, they are just glued in there, the wires mount on a spike, like a furnace ignitor. just a press fit. new wires from napa, then i put a little shrink-wrap around the end that went into the coil, for a slightly snugger fir. put a dab of hi temp silicone around the wires, then "slurp", just pushed em on in. easy, cheap, and good for another 20 years, or so.
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

lol someone wanna make me a pair? I have a long history of ghetto rigging stuff.

Comment

You can have my stock coils and wires for free if you want them. All I ask is you pay for shipping.
                      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

hmmm

I might take you up on that, estimate on shipping?

Comment

PM me your home address.
                          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                          X