Home made foam filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made foam filter.

Here a couple of pics of my filter upgrade.
    My paper element filter was knackered, and just at the moment pods and a stage 3 kit are a bit out of reach.
    While I was on "The Flying Banana" website I saw Mike's cunning idea. Using the paper filter cage as a former for a foam filter.
    So I started looking for some filter foam. I picked up a 12"x16" sheet for $7.50. There is enough to do two filters. Score!
    I followed Mike's instructions and here is the finished result.

I still have to put a gasket on the mouth and let the glue set. Then it should be ready to oil up and fit.
    Thanks to Mike "tfb" for his very entertaining and informative site. If you havent been there it is wortha look.(I would put a link to it but I dont know how)
    Sorry about the messy workbench.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2008, 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling

looks nice! besides, a messy work bench is a USED work bench. a clean work bench is a sign of a dirty mind! \\/

Comment

You can do the same thing for virtually free. Go to your local computer store and ask them for a few sheets of the grey foam (not the pink stuff) that comes in most motherboard boxes. They usually throw it out.

It comes in slightly different densities so you might want to experiment or perhaps put on two layers. Don't forget to oil up.

On my 750E there is a plastic snorkel that fits in the airbox and the filter goes on the bottom section. I didn't glue on the foam but wrapped it around and secured it with a twist or two of wire. Zip ties would work as well.

As there is no cost, I will change it out at the next oil change. Just throw it away...no cleaning. Not as pretty as Kiwi's but it does the job.

Give it a try.

Cheers,
      spyug.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
        looks nice! besides, a messy work bench is a USED work bench. a clean work bench is a sign of a dirty mind! \\/

Offtopic:

Judging by my workbench, I'm a monk. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
          Thanks to Mike "tfb" for his very entertaining and informative site. If you havent been there it is wortha look.(I would put a link to it but I dont know how)
          Sorry about the messy workbench.
          Cheers
          Here's your link:

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X