Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting doing on my 82gs1100gz chopper

getting going on my 82 GS1104GZ
    Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2009, 03:27 AM.

Is your 1100 a G or GL model? The L model would be a better chopper candidate. The only drawback I can think of is the limited rear wheel options because of the shaft drive. Keep us posted on your progress.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by humhead View Post
      Is your 1100 a G or GL model? The L model would be a better chopper candidate. The only drawback I can think of is the limited rear wheel options because of the shaft drive. Keep us posted on your progress.

Terry
      Are there any aftermarket wheel options for us shafties?

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
        Are there any aftermarket wheel options for us shafties?
        No.](*,)
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Is there a way to x-ref any newer bikes to see if they might fit? I see some really nice and expensive :? wheels for new shafties. How much would have to be fabbed up to make them fit?

Comment

OK sorry for not completing my post. I didn't realize how late it was.
            well i saw that pic of the blue and silver bobber.
            ]
            so im off to fast by Gast tomorrow. im going to ask them about cams and a 1168 kit.
            im not sure if the 1168 kit will be worth it as this is a shaft drive. Im also not sure of what hp im looking at and what my bike can handle.
            this bike will be driven on the street. and reliability is a issue. im going to install K&N pods, Vance&Hines 4into 1, Dana 2000 ignition, and web cams.
            im looking at a aftermarket tank but haven't found 1. I like the tank in the pic if any 1 knows ware to get 1. i like the fat bob Harley tanks and would like 1 like that. the seat i would like to get in gator skin but that mite cost to much.
            Im looking for a place that sells cames for a 8 valve motor, and the tanks if any 1 knows.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2008, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Web Cams(951-341-0112)has the cams you need. Ray.

Comment

they r the 1000cc cams? web has them but they want $413 for them. i found them someware for $350 new but cant find them now.

Comment

That bike is set as my wallpaper at work, very clean, simple, it just works... I'm not positive, but I think thats a stock GS tank. Lookin to do some of the same mods to my 80' 750. Anyone have any more info or pics of that bike? Here's what I've done to mine so far.

Comment

ya a stock gl tanks maby? would a 82 gs1100gl tank fit my gz? theres a beautiful one on ebay
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2008, 06:56 AM.

Comment

If your doin a chopper

why don't you get yourself a nice, curvy sexy tank instead of the breadbox tanks on early 80's Suzukis?

Comment

ya i was thinking about a longer arched tank. but i need to find something that will fit. i dont think i can aford to have a tank custom made to fit a gs back bone.

Comment

I dunno what would fit, but if you sell your 1100GZ tank, I'll buy it!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            No.](*,)
                            Well rumer has it the Madura wheels may work on a GS. I wanted try it but never came up with a set. Sure would love some spoked wheels. Worst case I am thinking about sending a spare set out to be chromed when I can blast an extra $500 :P So that would be after replacing the exhaust lol.

Comment

i went to Fast By Gast.

i should have called first because i just missed Paul Gast.
                              I talked to 1 of the guys there and this is definitely the place to go but i need to talk to Paul to discuss what should be done.
                              im thinking 150hp. should be good.
                              but i need to know what needs to be done to achieve that witch should be easy with cams pods 4into1 i mite do bigger carbs to.
                              im not really sure how much hp i want but would like to keep up with the new bikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X