700E pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

700E pipe

Hey guys, update on my pipe project. I purchased a 86 GSXR head pipe and bolted it up to my 700E. It bolts on but clearance under the oil pan is non existent. So I purchesed a used Vance and Hines 80 - 83 1100E pipe. With a slight modification (grinding off the flanges where the pipes go into the exhaust ports and making a small muffler hanger) it bolted right on. But it drags when I lean to the right!!!! Sounds great, I hated to put the stock pipes back on, but I like to drag my knee sometimes! It would be a great quarter or eighth mile pipe, but for the street or track, it ain't gonna work. I also checked into an 1150E pipe, but it is almost the same as an 1100E. So I am contemplating what to do next, maybe modifying the head pipes on the 1100E pipe I have to gain clearance or maybe purchasing a later model (GSXR or Katana) pipe. Will let you know. Any suggestions, now that the forum is back up I will be checking in, so please contact me.

I bought the same pipe for my bike.It had the same problems.I have a 83 gs 750e.I took it down to a exhaust shop and told him i need it moved about a quarter to half inch lower.He cut it at the flange and took the inside seperater out for more power and grinded down the welds.He took some of the pipe out and rewelded it.He told me he could have heated up the upper pipes and bent it down some.I wanted it done right.It cost me $75 to get it all done.It looks really good on my bike and i haven`t had any bottom out problems.If you have any other question feel free to ask.

Comment

Have any pics of your modified pipes, either of you? I have a 700E that has an iffy looking V&H headpipe.

Comment

As soon as i get my clutch back on and mihe bike ready for the winter i will take it off and take a pic.I am getting it ceramic coated.

Comment

I'm using a Yosh Duplex intended for a '90 GSXR750. As the others have said it is tight under the sump but I left it that way. Heat rises anyway so the lack of clearance really should be negligible as far as heat concerns.

Comment

Billy's really does look trick

Mine's just hacked was really sweating the right-handers till I made my own from the collector back-

It's not done yet, fixing to rip it all back apart and go another route....

Comment

Working...
            X