crack in carbs... seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crack in carbs... seal?

I have a small dent/crack in the side of one of my carbs, right where the bowl meets the... carb. It doesn't seem to effect the performance at all, but I noticed the other day when I titled the carbs, a lil gas leaked out... so it's not air-tight.

should I try to seal it with bondo or something (ideas?), or should I not even mess with it if there aren't any noticeable effects.

2 part aluminum epoxy welding clay.

I hope there is not a natural gas water heater where you store this motorcycle..
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
      2 part aluminum epoxy welding clay.
      Consult...
      a particular brand you recommend?
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I sealed a gas leak in a carb fuel tee with por-15 gas tank liner with perfect results. I used air pressure to push the sealer into the crack. Dan

Comment

most autoparts stores carry some sort of two part epoxy putty for patching gas tanks. I would think that this would be gas resistant and pliable enough to allow you to make a decent patch.

And anyone who stores their old motorcycle (regardless of manufacturer) near an open flame is asking for trouble, no matter how reliable you think it is. The list of people I know that have found the surprising puddle of gasoline is a lot longer than the list of people who haven't.

Comment

I have a #2 carb that has a crack from the needle seat to the inlet mouth. I know I can't fix that, and I wouldn't want to because it is in the venturi.

Comment

You might try this

I've seen it at the hardware store.

Comment

where exactly is the crack? pics? depending on location it may or may not be critical. if it is normally above the fuel level you may not have to wory about, after all the bowl area is vented through the body of the carb. or it may be an area you need to seal

Comment

Working...
                X