Help with the poor mans 750/850 big bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with the poor mans 750/850 big bore

Ok, so reading around and searching it seems that the cylinders and pistons will bolt up to my 78 750. (Or at least I believe so, correct me if im wrong).

Now my big question is, Ive read that any year 850 cylinders will work, then ive also read that only the cylinders from a 79 will work...can someone verify? Im not real familiar with the 850s so im not sure of what the differences are, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can get an 850 motor for real cheap, but its an 81 so id like to be sure im not wasting my money. Thanks guys.

ANY will work, but only the 79 850 will be a DIRECT FIT. The later models you will have to do some grinding to the 750 cases to get the jugs to fit properly. I am not possitive but you ALSO MAY have to use the 80 and up 850 HEAD since they're different from the 79 (the 77-79 750 and 79 850 shared heads, but in 80 the 850 heads changed to ones that used CV type carbs) I am not exactly POSITIVE where the grinding needs to be done, so you will have to ask someone that has dont THAT particular mod to be sure.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick response.

If thats the case ill most likely pass on it, im not hell bent on getting it done, just considering it if i do come across a set of cheap cylinders/pistons.

Thanks again for the quick response

Comment

Originally posted by slow_heavy_750 View Post
        Thank you very much for the quick response.

If thats the case ill most likely pass on it, im not hell bent on getting it done, just considering it if i do come across a set of cheap cylinders/pistons.

Thanks again for the quick response
        No problem. If you're serious about doing it, TKent has a set of the 79 stuff ready to go, You might ask him if he still has it. I was going to buy it from him for my Cafe, but money constraints put the kybosh on that, and then this 1100 Bandit/Gixxer project took precidence.

Comment

Working...
        X