Slotted cam sprockets same on 8V-16V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slotted cam sprockets same on 8V-16V?

I was looking for some aftermarket slotted cam sprockets for my 78 GS1000, and can only find them for the 1100 and 1150. The stock part numbers are different as well, but the tooth count is the same (30).

Can the 1100/1150 sprockets be used? Or is there a source for the 8 valvers?

I can always just slot the stock ones I have....
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

yes.
    yes.
    i think.
    yes.
    1000 8v and 1100/1150 16v.
    im perty sure.

Comment

今までの生活を維持する為に副収入が本格的に必要だと。これも真剣に考えだした人は多いはずです。失敗せずに安定した副収入があったのなら、最高だとは思いませんか?自分が先乗り投資法を始めてから変わったことがありました。少なくとも自分にとっては良い変化だと思います。その変化を先にお話していこうかと思います。

Comment

Cam sprockets

Bruce,

You can use the 16V sprockets but you will have to clearance them for just about anything other than stock cams. The lobes are bigger on the 2v stuff because there is not rocker arm ratio. I'm pretty sure Megacycle still sells the 2v part. also I remember correctly the timing marks are different between the 2 and 4v motors. shouldn't be a problem if you are degreeing the cams but I don't think you'd get away with just swapping a set on

Comment

Bruce, take a die grinder to your stock sprockets with a carbide cutter in it! It will take you about 10 to 15 minutes to do each one. Lengthen the hole 1/8 of an inch both sides of each hole & they will give you the range of movement you need. This way you will still have your stock timing marks. The lack of stock marks is the one thing I never liked about APE sprockets. If you don't want to do that send them to me & my buddy Greg will stick em on the jig he made to mill slots in stock sprockets! Ray.

Comment

We don't write numbers on the sprockets, we use dots. Stock sprockets have 1, 2 and 3 on them. We have one dot, two dots, and three dots, in the same locations. Most are able to figure this out.

Jay
            Speed Merchant
            http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Put the sprockets on a rotary table on a milling machine. Makes for nice job and takes more time to set the table up than actually do the sprockets.

Comment

Jay, I'm glad to hear you are doing them that way now because you didn't used to! Ray.

Comment

Always did. Never sold any sprockets without markings.

Jay
                  Speed Merchant
                  http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Sorry about that Jay, I went & looked & it was GSXR sprockets that had markings that they were NO WHERE near where they should have been. I knew I had an issue with some kind of sprockets you did but couldn't nail it down till I went through my engine log books. Also, this was from the early to mid 90s so I'm not sure how they are now. Thanks for continuing to make us parts that no one else will! Ray.
                    Last edited by rapidray; 12-14-2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

So Jay, can you use the sixteen valve sprockets on the eight valve? Do you sell the eight valve?

Watch it Ray! Jay is listening.

My APE sprockets were easy enough.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                      X