36mm Mikuni Flatslides vs. Stock CV Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
    I am just trying to help...guess I deserve to get bit....
    Not biting, I was just wanting to know why you felt there was a time lag between rolling on and getting power on EFI bikes. You have a lot of varied experience working on bikes and riding a lot of different models and I wondered which ones were like that. My experience has been different and I wanted to know what I was missing.

Mark

Comment

I've been using RS38's on my red bike and other than the lag in response at off idle in gear at too low an rpm (lugging the engine) I feel pretty pleased with them. I've got a set of .355" lift cams and a Star Stage 1 ported head which ain't all that great and 3mm overbore. I'm not sure if this helps in this case but I'd think the RS36's may work well. Actually I'm a bit curious if they'd work better on my bike than the RS38's.

Comment

Hey Rob, I've got a good set of 36s I will swap you for your 38s. I GUARANTEE you the 36s will work better for driveability on your CURRENT combination than the 38s. You will have more port velocity with the smaller carbs & NOTICABLY better throttle response. Two mm may not seem like much but in your case it is. Let me know if you are interested. Ray.

Comment

I've got a set of 40's I'll get rid of but the 38's I'll hang on to. Great acceleration at 5k rpm. Almost pulls you off the set. Before I let these guys go I'd like to see some real numbers on the performance differences. Dude I've had a few instances with 3rd gear pulling the front wheel up. My 900 can't compete with the 1100. Drag racing that is.

Comment

I've already got 40s but I'll kick it around if you are serious. I just don't have a need for anything smaller than 38s. Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X