Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Won a set cosworth piston kit but not sure which model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won a set cosworth piston kit but not sure which model?

I re-post the following question in Technical Section as I think it should be a technical question.
    -------------

I won a set of 79mm cosworth piston kit and I think it is for 1150efe engine. But i am not sure after received it.

It has a label tell it is 1mm over size.
    Could anyone would like to tell which bike it is for?

I checked GSXR1100 89-92 are 78mm stock and it match what the label tell.
    But only 1150efe with 79mm piston will have 1290cc and it also match the label tell.

Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM.

Call me at 714-356-7845 if you have a vernier caliper & I will go over measurements with you to determine if it is 1150 or GSXR. Ray.

Comment

What size are the pins. Isn't an 1100 18mm while the 1150 is 20mm.

Comment

Great deal on the pistons. That's about what I paid for my set of 12:1 Cosworths years ago. I've sent them and a block to Ray for boring and honing. Mine are .05mm, not .5mm, over so the block may not need much more than a hone.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
          What size are the pins. Isn't an 1100 18mm while the 1150 is 20mm.
          Yes, but oil cooled GSXR1100 is also 20, so you would need to check compression height to tell the difference between 1150 and GSXR1100.
          Speed Merchant
          http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

That's why I told him to call me, so we could measure the compression heights. Ray.

Comment

pistons

they are for a gsx1100efe,20mm pin aircooled.cosworth marked them as +1mm cos the 78mm kit was their own 'standard' size. about 11:1 in an average gs1150/efe motor.

Comment

Without knowing the compression height, how can you say they are for the GSX & not the GSXR? They both use 20 mm pins & the compression height is the only way to know as Cosworth made pistons for both motor series! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Without knowing the compression height, how can you say they are for the GSX & not the GSXR? They both use 20 mm pins & the compression height is the only way to know as Cosworth made pistons for both motor series! Ray.
                  i only know ray,cos i bought them from cosworth when they got out of motorcycle pistons,and thats what the packaging and paperwork says.!!

Comment

Thats a gixxer piston, a 1150 would be a 1168 aat +1mm.

Comment

definitely not oil cooled gsxr.i have sold 14 sets and we have fitted 4 ourselves.the plus 1mm is confusing,but just a cosworth inhouse identification.

Comment

The seller replied me that it is for 84 -88 GSX1100(EFE). And it is not for oil cool GSXR1100.

Comment

Working...
                        X