Anyone running a Wiseco 816 kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a Wiseco 816 kit?

I'm just wondering what kind of performance increases people are seeing from the Wiseco 816 kit. At $600 plus machine work, is it a noticeable gain or is it pretty negligible? I do intend on taking full advantage of the kit if I go that route, bigger cams for example. That being said, which Web Cam is good for an 816? Other cam recommendations?

If it's anything like the Wiseco 1100cc kit and bigger lift cams in my 1000, what you'll notice the most is lots more torque. Top speed will likely be about the same but you'll accelerate much harder with those extra 66 ccs and bigger cams.

Comment

im running an 816 kit in my kat. the difference is noticeable. frankly the biggest difference came from the flatslides. i probably would not go big bore unless i already had to do the top end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe750 View Post
        I'm just wondering what kind of performance increases people are seeing from the Wiseco 816 kit. At $600 plus machine work, is it a noticeable gain or is it pretty negligible? I do intend on taking full advantage of the kit if I go that route, bigger cams for example. That being said, which Web Cam is good for an 816? Other cam recommendations?
        I will let you know how my 816 is when i get it running in a week or so
        I have done several other mods as well.
        I figure it cost me about $1100 CDN after machine work. $700 for the kit (after the $140 to UPS for brokerage fees) and $370 for boring and media blasting the cyls. Maybe kinda pricey for 66cc extra. The extra compression ratio is gonna help as well.

Comment

Working...
        X