Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowest Clearance for 4/1 on a 82 Gs1100e

Hello
    I have a 1982 gs1100e that i put a 93 gsxr front end on it,I now have a yosi pipe a bit pit rusted after sand blasting debauting over jet hot coating or buying a new Vance and Hines MEgaphone?What im worried about is the ground clearnce issue,the Yosi pipe seems to be fine for clearance even when i lock the front brakes up full blast and skid 12 ft locked up,pipe dosent touch the ground at all.The V&H pipe seems to hang lower to the ground.ANyone have any thoughts on this?if so please LEt me know...Thanks a Bunch Love this site.

Yoshi Pipe

This has been discussed somewhat at length. The best pipes are a modified 2nd Gen Gixxer 4:2:1 (80GS1000 did this mod and documented it) that has bilateral symmetry down the belly of the bike till it pops out behind the engine.

The Race Yoshi and some other pipes come down the center with 4:1 and these also provide good clearance in cornering. If you are loosing your center stand because of interference with the mid pipe that is the race version.

Katman has a V&H and has done a few tricks to get more ground clearance and he just hits on right corners if bottoming into a turn (I think).

If your Yoshi allows a center stand, then it is probably not much worse to go to the V&H. Careful over speed bumps if the pipe is hanging lower of course.

Which Yoshi you have? Got a pick?

Pos

P.S. Just noticed your first post Welcome aboard. Got any pics?

Comment

Ideally you should have as much ground clearance as you have suspension travel in the forks and shock(s) on your bike so that you'll never bottom out.

Depends on how you ride though. If you go through knee pucks in a hurry, you'll want to have more clearance than a boulevard cruiser or dragbike.

Comment

Working...
      X