Anyone know much about the 4-1 mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know much about the 4-1 mac?

Im thinking about putting the 4-1 mac exchuast on my 80 850g but dont know if it will end up sucking a valve or just sound junk as a exchuast system. What i want is to be heard without sounding stupid.Any other exchuast ideas that are cheap let me know =] thanks

Really anything on any exchuast system that sounds louder and better then stock would be nice....plus wheres the best place to get parts for the 850 ebay?
    Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM.

My 77 750 has a black mac 4 into 1. Sounds good and not to loud even with no fiber material in it. It came with the bike when i bought it. Only thing i would change is to chrome it.

Comment

Mac's are noted for cheap finish and rust issues.

Where for parts? Dealers in the link section
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Mac pipes are loud, that is for sure. Not great quality but not too many choices out there.
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I'd go with a Vance and Hines 4-1 pipe.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i cant seem to find anything on a clip that would hear them running on a vidio clip i know it would have much more of a crotch rocket sound witch is prolly what im aiming at due to the fact that i want to be heard

Comment

MAC stands for 'make another choice'.

As someone already pointed out, they have a bad reputation in terms of quality.

Comment

I put them on my Venture, they are a really poor quality pipe, crappy welds, crummy fit, and cheapo chrome.
                I'd would not use them again ever.
                Unless they were free and there was no other option, and only til I found something better.
                4 cyl bikes sound good with pretty much any exhaust system.
                GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

well i belive that the vance and hines seems to be a favorite found a set for $399 is that about right?

Comment

I have a mac 4-1 headpipe, I will be using it on my project bike. The chrome looks half decent, the welds look kinda like snot, especially where all 4 pipes meet the collector, I can still see pieces of welding wire hanging in there. There's a little rust in there also. The collecor outlet is much bigger than a vance and hines. I have an old yoshimura pipe to attach to it which is an exact fit on the pipe. Other than that it looks ok. This thing is practically new.

I would probably go with a vance and hines if I were to buy new. But I got a practically new mac whole system for $100. So it will do for now.

Comment

i have a v and h on my 750, it was about 350, teh chrome is nice, there was already some slight surface rust by the flanges when it came out of the box, and the mounting bolts are already rusty, its been on not even a year. It was super quiet with the packing, i took out the packing and cut the muffler part so its just a tip and it not abnoxious but stounds nice. Overall I am happy with the vance and hines

Comment

I've got a black one one my 750es, It sounds good, but the header rusted all around the engine. My biggest inconvience is that I can't use the centerstand any more.

Comment

what is the difference from my 750(B) and your es, centerstand wise? I can still use the centerstand

Comment

Working...
                          X