1977 GS 750B jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS 750B jetting

I realize there are a multitude of posts concerning jetting and hoped someone has my same set-up and I can gain some insight from them.
    Basically a 1977 GS 750B with 4-1 Kerker (aftermarket fiberglass wrap inside) and cone filters. As a good starting point what size jets have others experienced? What is the best source for jets? Thanks in advance to all.

heeeeeey i have a 77 gs750b!!! these bikes have the slide throttle whatever carbs that do benefit from pods. I have a 4-1 v and h. My original main jet was a 100. and the pilot was a i think 17.5. This is assuming you have the vm26 carb, which you probably do. I put the float needle up a clip to lower the needle, and put a 110 main jet. The peice of paper that came with my pipes said put in a 115 main and i can't remember exactly but i think it was a 20. Anyway the bike ran really really rich so i took out the packing and cut off the muffler so it only has a section of the muffler and the tip for noise and some back pressure now it doesnt seem to be running too rich or too lean, i might re-assess this when its warmer out to see if bigger jets will help, but lean is mean... sorta. Hope this helped

Comment

A source for jets is just about any bike shop, the mikuni jets are very common

Comment

The 77 750b is the same, motorwise, as my 78 750, right?

Question if so:

Let's say you had stock mufflers but with the baffles gutted out and you tossed on UNI pods; what's an idea of a good overall jetting setup to start with? I've seen thread talking about 750's with a pipe and pods, but I wasn't sure how much a gutted stocker pipe would change that equation...

Comment

probably still a 110 or 115 main, i beleive the 77-79 gs750b are all the same

Comment

Working...
          X