Slingshot wheel on a late model front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slingshot wheel on a late model front end

Simple question. I may expand on it later depending on the answers.
    Will a earlier model slingshot front wheel ('91 to '94) go onto a say 2000 or later front end?

Thanks

Originally posted by LilTinc View Post
    Simple question. I may expand on it later depending on the answers.
    Will a earlier model slingshot front wheel ('91 to '94) go onto a say 2000 or later front end?

Thanks
    The short answer
    No its not a direct swap

The long answer

It depends on the bike the front end comes from .....

if you are thinking of a 2000 on gsxr it can be done on SOME but its not easy & a little pointless tbh, the differace is the 20mm early spindle size as opposed to the larger (25mm ?) later stuff, more cash in engineering it all to fit than the price of the corect front wheel etc for the forks

slingshot wheels from the years you mention are all a direct fit into oil cooled bandits if you fancy keeping right way up forks

tone

Comment

Thanks

I have a set of slingshot wheels but my cousin, who recently rebuilt his 2000 GSXR1000, had a line on a "cheap" front end off another 1000 (not sure of the year but post '00 for sure). I might grab the front end anyway if it is truely "cheap" and use it on another project I've got in my head (think Cafe' Kids' 750 with late model stuff...wish I knew how much he was askin'...).

Any hooo,
      Thanks Tone. Sounds like rigging an electroning speedo would be much easier than trying to make a slingshot wheel and speedo drive work.

Comment

Working...
      X