Yoshi cam specs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshi cam specs ?

I get a set of Yoshimura cams for GS 1100 / 1150 . The other end of the cams had a text POP Y and the other end A.
    The cams have a 0.20" lift in the cam .
    Does anybody know the specs of these cams ?
    I need also a set of good GS 1100/1150 rockers .

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT YOSH JAPAN, THEY STILL SELL 1100 CAMS

78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks for the answer !
      I think the cams are the stage 1 cams .

Comment

Here is what I got. A gs/yosh guru sent it to me

STAGE I
        Marked sux101 for Gsx 750/110016 valve-In;opens 20degrees BTDC closes at 50 degrees AbDC Lift .318/ 7.95 250 degrees of duration. Ex opens 50 degreesBBDC and closes at 20 degrees ATDC .318/ 7.95 + or - 2 degrees. 250 duration also . Running clearance is .06mm-.13mm.This is measured at 0.40 valve lift with 0 lash when you degree the cams.

STAGE II
        Stage 2 are as follows ; Degreeing is the same specs as stage 1 .366/9.14mm intake and ex.366/ 9.14mm 250 duration also . All readings taken at 0.40 valve lift at 0 lash . Stage 2 rerquires the intake and exhaust guides to be shortened 1 mm for seal clearence . After mkt guides are usually relocated for you and after market pistons too for valve pocket clearance.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Thanks Katman !

Because of almost same lift in the cams as the original intake cam I think the Yoshi cams I have are the stage 1 cams .
          I´m going to degree them , when installing in my supercharged GS 1150 .
          I´m going to spread the lsa to get less overlap .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
            Thanks Katman !

Because of almost same lift in the cams as the original intake cam I think the Yoshi cams I have are the stage 1 cams .
            I´m going to degree them , when installing in my supercharged GS 1150 .
            I´m going to spread the lsa to get less overlap .
            Good move Blower. You're reducing the overlap by 20 deg from the stock cams, even without changing the lasa. The exhaust valve opens 10 deg later too, which should increase torque. What made you decide to look at other cams?
            The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
            GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
            GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
            GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
            http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
              Good move Blower. You're reducing the overlap by 20 deg from the stock cams, even without changing the lasa. The exhaust valve opens 10 deg later too, which should increase torque. What made you decide to look at other cams?
              Main reason was what I find in several supercharger sites and books :
              - The exhaust cam should have more lift or at least as much as the intake cam .

Second reason was that the cams were available in the ProBoost Turbo shop .
              Cams are used , but like new .

Third reason , to get more power .

Comment

Working...
              X