No announcement yet.

Good, longer shocks...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I tried the air shocks and put bronze bushings inserted in the bushings already there to make them the same size as the top shock mount on my bike would it work or would I need some kinda rubber ones? I was just wondering if the bronze would break? that way it would fill in between the shock bushing which has to big a hole to fit on the bike mount.

Comment

just make new mounts from hockey pucks. i used to make motor mounts for my cars with hockey pucks. pretty high durometer and comparable to polyurethane, but not high enough to break stuff. pucks usually are a buck a piece, and thats in oklahoma where hockey is pretty much non-existent.

Comment

what do you have to do to get the old ones out? I am guessing a hammer and a socket? I don't think I have ever really tried.

Comment

I like those MDIs. Just wish you could find them in the other direction. A 10" set would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by scrapper View Post
            what do you have to do to get the old ones out? I am guessing a hammer and a socket? I don't think I have ever really tried.

that is what i do. or a propane torch.

Comment

Working...
            X