muikni carb adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muikni carb adjustment

does anyone know the best way to adjust muikni rs carbs ?

Adjust HOW?!! Idle, midrange, top end, carb spacing? Be more specific please. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Adjust HOW?!! Idle, midrange, top end, carb spacing? Be more specific please. Ray.
      As rapid said, what are you trying to adjust? I can tell you they are very very easy to work on, but rapidray probably has vastly more experience than I do. Iv'e only had mine a year or so and was able to get the bike to run pretty good.

Comment

mikuni carb adjustment

your right. didnt give enough info,call it frustration.air/fuel mix adjustment,
        adjustment screw is in front of carb next to carb boot. carbs are on 82 gs 1100 1134.cc 10.5 c.r. g2 or g3 cams ? v.h. dragpipe. befor carbs got out of adjustment " my fault " everything was fine thru out throttle good plug reading thanks for any help you can give . do i need sync gauge ? backfires on idle, rough idle
        Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEALNSAC View Post
          your right. didnt give enough info,call it frustration.air/fuel mix adjustment,
          adjustment screw is in front of carb next to carb boot. carbs are on 82 gs 1100 1134.cc 10.5 c.r. g2 or g3 cams ? v.h. dragpipe. befor carbs got out of adjustment " my fault " everything was fine thru out throttle good plug reading thanks for any help you can give . do i need sync gauge ? backfires on idle, rough idle
          any jet kits or bigger main jets? or all stock

Comment

turn fuel mixture screw in wards until the idle drops
            then
            turn the screw out until the idle drops
            now you have found the "tune window"

put the screw right in the middle of the "window" and repeat for the other 3 cylinders.

re adjust the idle speed screw after it is all tuned up.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I would make sure the pilot screws starts at 1/4 to 1/2 turn out. Then start turning it further out from there. Be very careful when you turn in the screw in that you turn them in very lightly. You can very easily break the tips of the idle screw off. You may want to make sure they aren't broken off already. If that doesn't fix it you may just want to go to a larger pilot jet. I think stock is 17.5. What size are the carbs?

Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X