pre 1980 (77) 750 swingarm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre 1980 (77) 750 swingarm question

are the specs at the pivot piont the same as the 80 and up 1100s? if so i would assume that all the b12/gsxr1100 arm swaps would be applicable to my era 750 as well, right? reason i ask is that in my searches into the bowels of thegsresources I have yet to come across such a swap on this perticular year and size... THANKS

I think the round tube steel swingers are a little different than the aluminum ones...

But I'm not positive.

Someone knows...

Comment

The early ali swingers off gsx [gs] 4V are the same withe at the pivot point but have larger needle roller bearings [larger spindle] also the shock mounts are slightly about 35mm further back. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by fast pom; 03-01-2009, 04:28 AM.

Comment

the 77 swinger will not accept the pivot bolt from the larger models. You have two options. Do as I did when afixing my 77 750 cafe with an 1100 swinger and drill out the frame bosses to accept the larger pivot. OR, have some bushes made to accomodate the smaller pivot bolt in the newer swinger. Before you whip out your drill, check with us first...

Comment

How many mills do you have to drill out?

THe boss through the frame there (at least in the later gs) has minimal wall thickness.

when drilling be careful not to drill beyond the walls of the insert (bushing)

another way would be just to make inserts for the new swingarm like you have to do anyway for gsxr or bandit arms. just make the ID to match your pivot bolt.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
            How many mills do you have to drill out?

THe boss through the frame there (at least in the later gs) has minimal wall thickness.

when drilling be careful not to drill beyond the walls of the insert (bushing)

another way would be just to make inserts for the new swingarm like you have to do anyway for gsxr or bandit arms. just make the ID to match your pivot bolt.
            Not much actually Rob, and the pivot on the 77 at least is actually pretty thick. The danger in drilling rather than your solution (and had I known that you could make them prior to ME doing it, i probably would have opted for your route) is that you HAVE to make sure they are drilled square to eachother. Just a fraction of a millimeter out of line on one, and the pivot bolt will never go thru on the other side. Its kinda scary, but if you take your time, it works. However, while not as cheap, having the inserts made would work way better

Comment

Working...
            X