04 gsxr swinger on 77 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 gsxr swinger on 77 750

So I got a lil trigger happy and picked up a complete rear suspension from a 04 gsxr 750 . I HOPE it fits and looks good, as I have never seen that particular arm on this bike. KATMAN... lend me some insight if you have any, as I am sure that I will be picking your brain in the near future. Also I will be needing one of your offset sprockets and 530 conversions

Major undertaking but not impossible How are your welding skills ??

Comment

I have an 04 GSXR swingarm on my buffalo. It fits between the frame rails with no issue. Of course you will have to either make bushings to match the swingarm to the pivot bolt, or line bore the frame fore the GSXR pivot bolt. I chose the prior.
      You will also have to decide either to make a mount for the single GSXR shock or make mounts for dual shocks.

It will be a project, but not overwhelming.

Comment

I am a body man/elevator installer by trade and get my fair share of welding done. Although I don't get to tig as much as I would like to, i am fair at best. I would assume that should I mono-shock this thing I shouldn't have to do any tiging, right?. By the way... that is one sexy buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by 77GS750inCincy View Post
          I am a body man/elevator installer by trade and get my fair share of welding done. Although I don't get to tig as much as I would like to, i am fair at best. I would assume that should I mono-shock this thing I shouldn't have to do any tiging, right?. By the way... that is one sexy buffalo.
          You'll need to weld mounting points to the frame using steel brackets for the shock and shock linkage to mount to if you monoshock.

Comment

Originally posted by 77GS750inCincy View Post
            By the way... that is one sexy buffalo.
            Thank you, you are very kind.

Comment

Working...
            X