MORE weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE weights

93 gsxr 750 inverted frontend (forks, triples, clipons, barends, axle, speedo drive. Matching GS frontend of 1100 katana

GSXR 28 lbs, GS 29 lbs

SWINGARMS:
    GS 6 lbs
    B12 8 lbs
    R1 12 lbs

Front/rear calipers, hanger, brake stay:
    GS 13 lbs
    Gsxr 10 lbs

Gs rear rotor 3 lbs (guesstimate)
    GSxr 1 lb

HEADERS:
    old canister V&H 9 lbs
    Yosh Canister 10 lbs
    V&H b12 header 18 lbs
    Laser 16 lbs

Cross bracing by airbox and from engine cradle to subframe 1 lb.

Again, I will be posting these and more numbers on my site so you can always refer to them later.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

I would be interested in knowing the weight difference from stock to conversion on the 1100. Great info!!

Comment

Joe, my calc with gsxr wheels, frontend and 530 chain...24 lbs of weight loss

Add a V&H header to that and you can subtract at least another 20 lbs bringing a katana from 511 lbs to about 467 lbs. Add a bandit swingarm and some bracing a conservative weight would still be 470 or under.
      Last edited by katman; 03-08-2009, 02:45 AM.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

From Rob's figures I believe I've got the weight of my bike down from about 460 lbs dry into the 410-415 lb range. Possibly more with a few of the other things I've done to the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
          Joe, my calc with gsxr wheels, frontend and 530 chain...24 lbs of weight loss

Add a V&H header to that and you can subtract at least another 20 lbs bringing a katana from 511 lbs to about 467 lbs. Add a bandit swingarm and some bracing a conservative weight would still be 470 or under.
          Rob,

Also I converted to 520 and replaced the stock rear sets with zx12r's, I am also replacing the front master cylinder with a plastic remote gsxr resovoir, smaller handle bars, removing centerstand, b12 brake stay is lighter.....as soon as this thing is back together, I'll take it to San Antonio Speedway and have it weighed....my guess is 30-40 lbs lighter overall similar to what Billy Ricks quoted.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
            Rob,

Also I converted to 520 and replaced the stock rear sets with zx12r's, I am also replacing the front master cylinder with a plastic remote gsxr resovoir, smaller handle bars, removing centerstand, b12 brake stay is lighter.....as soon as this thing is back together, I'll take it to San Antonio Speedway and have it weighed....my guess is 30-40 lbs lighter overall similar to what Billy Ricks quoted.
            Oh yeh, forgot to take the center stand weight off the total. I also have removed the center stand mounts for another pound or so.

I think 40.00 over all is a reasonable estimate in weight loss. I think the stock pipes are more than 30.00 lbs myself but am keeping the estimate on the conservative side.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I have the weights posted on my site now. in the tech under conversions
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
              X