header color change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header color change?

is it normal for the header to change colors? im pretty sure it will eventually but just after a few miles? my #2 tube is yellowed which is a sign of leanness IIRC

Hey Kilog, new header? If so, did you clean it really well before starting it up? I have heard stories about headers baking in fingerprints and oil during the intial startup if not cleaned well. Typcially the headers will blue(sometimes a goldish color) a bit around that first down turn in the pipes, but your right.... that #2 is probably running lean.

Comment

yeah i only did the directions from dynojet 4.5 turns out maybe ill play with it or wait till i can get a colortune

Comment

Originally posted by kilog55 View Post
        yeah i only did the directions from dynojet 4.5 turns out maybe ill play with it or wait till i can get a colortune

Ya! the colortune is great! I love mine.

Comment

you really can't stop the discoloration in a single wall exhaust pipe.

we paint the inside of the tubes with white heat resistance paint. it helps for a while. if you are rich enough the silver will stay. but the plugs get changed a lot.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Just set up a bike with a MAC exhaust which is a very slip single wall. After jetting properly, the color is a slight gold right by the head.
            Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

thats how mine is i guess if i want to keep it shiny ill have to use that blue gone pipe cleaner

Comment

just got a e-mail from jet hot coatings. they have a new product called chrome shield. claims to completely stop heat blueing on any chrome part. they seem to have a large pro race following. have not tried it myself since my chrome pipes are in the garage attic.

Comment

Working...
                X