does someone make a complete bolt set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does someone make a complete bolt set

i mean COMPLETE. as in, every fastener on the bike? as in, all the correct graded fasteners? all i can find are these ebay garbage ones.

I bought alll the stainless bolts for my bike from Burks Motorsports, he only had an engine cover bolt kit and a carb bolt kit, so as I tore down my bike for the rebuild everything got measured and labeled along with the pitch. I then just went to his website and ordered a complete kit in stainless. The only bolts that I could not get were ones that were extra fine pitch, cause he did not have them in stainless, so I just powdercoated all those bolts.

Comment

Huh???

Now where would the fun in that be?.

Get a SS bolt set and go through the micro fiche using a spreadsheet with each item #.

Depending on your bike, U will be lucky to find most of it.

Not sure why all the internal engine nuts need to be changed? U planning on loosing a few? Maybe consider a parts bike.

Pos

Comment

i'm doing a complete rebuild on a bike, repainting the frame, and rebuilding the whole engine. re-using internal bolts in the engine is asking for trouble.

Comment

there are very few internal engine bolts, there are a handfull of machine type screws that hold plates and oil the pump on the clutch side of things but nothing to get worried about. I went ahead and just replaced them with ss allen head equilivants i found on mc mastercarr. But i did that because i hate phlips head screws.

I wouldn't sweat it to much if the bolt isn't nasty looking just reuse it. Are doing any racing? even so i wouldn't be to worried.

just get the ss bolt kit to dress the engine up and reuse the stuff that is already there.
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
          X