Hows Dis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows Dis?

While waiting for the temp to get above 32 I installed a new can. Yoshi RS-3 Stainless steel. Just wondering what you thought of this configuration?

Red is faster.

dunno what type of riding you do, but it looks as if it's going to grind the second you lean the bike over.

Comment

Hummmm

You mounted it below the rear axle. Is that to avoid hitting the can? I'm assuming you don't have enough room to mount it any higher?

If the above is true, I think I might be inclined to do a blunt dent behind the can to allow for the axle nut so you can get the can higher and as close to the bike as possible. I know my Yoshi can is a little smaller than that and rides just above the axle.

Pos

P.S. nice bike ; is that color Orange? Mine looks orange but it is stock red with a whole bunch of pearl.

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
        dunno what type of riding you do, but it looks as if it's going to grind the second you lean the bike over.
        +1

I would see if you can get a muffeler shop to bend you up a differant mid pipe that would let you put that can higher. Go to autozone and buy 24" of flexy exhaust pipe in the OD you need and see if you can mock up a better bend.

it would look a lot better if you can get that can to hug the bottom edge of the passanger rearset, try tieing the exhaust strap to the shock mount on the top.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I think I'll end up cutting the midpipe and twisting it to get the correct angle. I just hate having it stick out like a wing tank on an old fighter. There's a muffler shop close by that will put it on their jig for a couple of bucks. I was liking it tucked in tight. I do appreciate the input. The March sun actually made the red look orange. GM Victory Red.

Comment

Wing Tank

I don't think you need the can up at 45% to get ground clearance. My Yoshi doesn't get close to hitting and it is just above teh axle.

U do need clearace to allow for suspension travel though that is why i suggested the dent on the back. Even my Yoshi is angled away from the bike, but with that longer RS-3 can that might look too far out (away from the bike).

Pos

Comment

Go get the flexi pipe and play with it see what angle looks and works the best.
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

First off...nice bike! Mounted low like that interups the flow of the bike. You need to raise the muffler in the rear like 6-8 inches by changing the angle of attack (mid pipe) cool idea though!! If I did not already have my exhaust done I would have tried to mock one up on my bike too.
                Posplayr, yours look awesome by the way!!
                Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stiksave View Post
                  I think I'll end up cutting the midpipe and twisting it to get the correct angle. I just hate having it stick out like a wing tank on an old fighter. There's a muffler shop close by that will put it on their jig for a couple of bucks. I was liking it tucked in tight. I do appreciate the input. The March sun actually made the red look orange. GM Victory Red.
                  it looks red from the front, but oh man the can is riding low like an old impala.

Comment

Phase II. $5.00 @ the muffler shop for bending.

Better?

Comment

Now it looks great.

Comment

Yes...much more betterer.
                        Larry D
                        1980 GS450S
                        1981 GS450S
                        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

wow that looks great!!!! I'm jealous lol That was $5 really well spent on getting the pipe bent.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

That looks hype! Good Job.

Supavert,

Comment

Thanks for the complements. Now to pull it all apart for spring cleaning, oil change, and header painting. This is the before pic with old R1 can.

Comment

Working...
                              X