Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotblack
    I know almost nothing about bike tires (except not to ride on old/worn ones), and I asked for good tires at the shop I went to. They highly recommended the Maxxis tires. Their parent company is Cheng Shin (didn't know what that meant at the time) but Maxxis before recently made mostly bicycle and dirt bike tires. I've since read some favorable reviews of the Super Maxx that did well on the track though not designed for it. They sold me Pro Maxx's wich is probably less of a performance tire. I can't say yay or nay to them, I only know they're a heck of a lot more stable than the ossified Continentals that were on it when I got it. I know this because I took it out on them to get a reference of how it handled before anything was touched on it.

I've also read that actual Cheng Shin tires, though widely poo-pooed by riders, are not horrible tires at all. They will most likely wear faster than a really good tire, but being down on cash, given the choice between banana skins and Cheng Shins, put on the Cheng Shins and go riding. Just don't go racing. So I've read anyway, seems to make sense to me.

I guess I'll see how long the Pro Maxx's last, that will be easier than asessing their handling. Think I'll need a few years and sets of tires to do that.
    Somebody said Cheng Shin means "almost round" in Chinese! Seriously though I find nothing wrong with them, have them on the GS right now!

Comment

Working...
    X