Wanna go with pods and have After Market exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna go with pods and have After Market exhaust

What size jets should I get I have 122.5 mains and 42.5 pilots right now I dont really want to use the dyno jet kit cause of price and the fact that you cant go back. what sizes do you think I need? or mayb e just some suggestions for a starting main jet.

From what i've gathered the 42.5 pilots are probubly fine but the mains will need changing. so I was thinking maybe 127 for a start

the Exhaust is a 2+2 with baffles.

This is for my 81 GS850L

Thank you
    Jake
    Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM.

no one really knows what sizes I should try and start with? or has tryed doing this befor

Comment

I'd start with 130 and then come down until you're happy. I'd also run 43 or 44 on the pilot, or shim the needles...probably going to have to shim the needle anyway...

Comment

rule of thumb for main jets is 10 to 15 percent bigger than stock. The main jet is for 7 to9 thousand rpms, for mid range adjust your needle clip up one notch to richen. This is for the mid range throttle, about 5 to 7 thousand rpm. Pilots might be able to be left alone. I hope this can get you started on your persuit to an awesome torque curve

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
          I'd start with 130 and then come down until you're happy. I'd also run 43 or 44 on the pilot, or shim the needles...probably going to have to shim the needle anyway...
          quick stupid question how can I go about removing the needle. how do I get the little clip out? do I need a tool cause I cant think of a way to get it out.

Comment

you will need a long tipped snapring pliers to get the C-clip out to remove the needles. Also If memory serves me #2 washers from the local hardwhare store are the right ID and OD to use as shims for the neeldes.

Just as a side note the Dynajet needles have a much more radical taper than the stock needles.

Comment

a ... if you can possibly afford it get the dj kit, it saves much aggravation. i tried the shim method with my 1100, i just couldn't get the needle rich enough with k&n pods.

2 .... i modified a set of needle nose with a bench grinder to remove the snap rings, as i didn't have the proper tool.

Comment

Working...
              X