Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stage III & pods, front wheel stays on ground...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you traded lower-end power for the high-end power with the pods and exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
      I think you traded lower-end power for the high-end power with the pods and exhaust...
      Fundamentally, yes, that is the tradeoff. With pods and 4 into 1 my bike doesn't pull for s**t until about 4000 and doesn't really start to roar until between 5000 and 6000.

Comment

After I went to velocity stacks, and got the jetting done, it won't pull the front wheel up high, from a slow rpm throttle-twist; but, it does lift it nicely in 2nd gear if you stay in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
          Ok so I was cleaning up the bike and getting ready to mess with the needle setting on the carbs, when I noticed the pods looked a tad bit white... I sprayed them down with the K&N oil and let them sit for about an hour. Fired the bike up and took it for a ride. The power difference in the midrange was pretty noticable. It started the intake growl around 4000 rpm and pulled pretty hard up thru the revs. I did not oil the pods when I put them on cause it said they were pre-oiled, but just barley apparantly. They are also a much darker red than when I got em. So I think I am gonna leave the needle setting alone. Every plug chop I have done today has come out looking like normal combustion....so yay. Time to stop tinkering and start riding I guess.
          What are you at for settings now? Im doing the same thing but need to wait tell I get exhaust to really tune it all in. 160 mains and 3rd clip position? I think Im at the 3rd clip but with two washers under the clip. It looks rich at idle but its 35 degrees here now. I know the same settings wont work for my setup most likely but I was just curious.

Comment

Hey mpls, ya mine is set at the third clip from the top with the 2 washers under the clip, 160 mains. You should be able to adjust your base mixture with the mixture screws. I used the colortune plug to do mine. But I think they are all around 2 1/2 to 3 turns out.

Comment

thanks, thats what im at with 2 1/2 urns out also.

Comment

should be pretty close then. Make sure your pod filter are oiled up...it seems to make a pretty big difference in low/midrange power.

Comment

Working...
                X