I've been MIA, but here is an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been MIA, but here is an update

I've been off the board for while, extra busy at work and with life, so wanted to post an update on all the crap done this winter, it's a LONG list.

1981 Suzuki GS1000G

Stripped totally down to the frame. Frame braced with gussets and cross members at strategic points per the diagram on the old skool suzuki site. Frame, swingarm, center stand powder coated wet black.

All other parts (steering stem, engine mounts, discs, calipers, ignition switch, you name it) stripped and rattle can painted with many, many coats. Baked where applicable.

Head and cylinders shipped to APE for machining. Cylinders bored to fit stock 1100 pistons, valve seats re-cut on replacement 1100G head. New vesrah valves machined to compensate for the deeper valve seat. New seats, retainers, springs, oil seals, etc...

New front wheel bearings, rear wheel bearings, upper and lower steering stem bearings and races. Chrome fork brace discarded and replaced with Tarrozzi fork brace.

New Hel stainless steel brake lines front and rear.

In the process of putting it all back together now, and still pending paint job on tank and fender. I'll post some pics soon, and hopefully back on the road in June.

Almost forgot, new HD clutch springs and new friction plates.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM.

This is all USELESS info without PICTURES!!!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      This is all USELESS info without PICTURES!!!!! Ray.
      I know, I know. I have been super busy at work, super busy on the bike, AND I'm directing my first movie (something I've wanted to do for a long time). MAJOR picture flood coming in the next day or so.

Comment

i second that ray. we want pics. lol
        I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
        1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Working...
        X