ZRX1200 Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZRX1200 Shocks

Anybody ever try and mount some of these on a GS? With with a swing arm swap or by changing the lower mounts. These are used but you would have to spend close to $1K to get anything like this. They are also longer 14.25 v.s. 13" for GS if anybody was looking for more ride height.

Adjustable for Pre Load, Rebound, and Compression.These shocks would be an excellent up grade to many other bikes, like Harley Davidson, Triumph, V-Max and many others. They measure aprox. 14 1/4 center to center, top mount is approx. 9/16 and the lower is approx. 3/8.
    A pair of these shocks (PN's 45014-0001-2H and 45014-0002-2H) sell for $1148.44 from ronayers.com

Pos
    Last edited by posplayr; 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM.

Just a word of caution on the ZRX KYB shocks. They don't have the best reputation for longevity - I took a chance on a set of used ones for a Honda.

Cosmetically they were perfect, but they had no damping left at all. Fortunately they are rebuildable but a rebuild with seals, oil and a recharge runs $275 from Aftershocks;

I'm not saying the ones posted above require a rebuild, but it's a risk you run that could easily turn $400 shocks in $700 shocks.

Comment

pontiacstogo

Cosmetically they were perfect, but they had no damping left at all. Fortunately they are rebuildable but a rebuild with seals, oil and a recharge runs $275 from Aftershocks;
      Well they are pretty at least.

Did not realize that KYB hag longevity issues. .

Makes me glad I have Ohlins on the ED and Fox Double clicker for the gixxer.

I guess I was having a "I could of had a V-8" moment.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Well they are pretty at least.
        They are that. Here's the set I purchased. They were in great shape cosmetically. You wouldn't think (based on their condition) that they'd need a rebuild already;

These are ZRX1100 shocks and even though they needed rebuilt, I'm still very happy with them. I wasn't trying to rag on KYB's - just suggesting that if you're looking at a used set, ask about mileage and keep the rebuild costs in mind.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I'd love to put Ohlins on the ZRX1200 and ditch the KYB, but alas it's funding for all of my projects that keeps me sane.

Comment

Working...
          X