gs1085/89 gsxr flatslides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1085/89 gsxr flatslides

Anyone else running 36mm flatslides on a 1085? I have a set of 89 GSXR1100 flatslides to go my 79 1085 engine and unfortunatly the EBAY seller forgot to mention that they didn't have any slide springs or needles. Just trying to get some spring and needle info so I don't have to buy more than one set. Called Factory Pro and they just laughed.

FP Laughed?

about the springs or the needles? They still sell slingshot kits right?
    I just bought a spare set of carbs as if anything goes wrong you will pay thru the nose if lucky.

Once I get tired of my new 1168 kit, I'll try to screw with jetting the Slingshot 36mm carbs.

Pos

Comment

These are CV flatslides?

I've no idea what's appropriate for your engine, but I do have a parts set of CV carbs off an 89 GSXR750. They're already missing some parts, so I don't mind sending some to you if you can use them.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

- Richard

Comment

Way to go Rich! The guy called me to see if I had the parts he needed. Also, Jay at APE said he told you to order the springs, & retainers & whatever parts from me so I could ship them with your head but I haven't heard from you about it. What do you want to do or have you already got the parts? Thanks, Ray.

Comment

I think you might be thinking of another customer Ray---I haven't spoken to APE about this head or carbs. I think my UPS tracking number says my head wasn't due at your doorstep until 4-22

Comment

Sorry Ray--Double ck'ed my tracking number--I guess it was recieved on 4-21. I can call tonight to discuss if you want
            What are these slingshot kits and what do they consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              Way to go Rich! The guy called me to see if I had the parts he needed. Also, Jay at APE said he told you to order the springs, & retainers & whatever parts from me so I could ship them with your head but I haven't heard from you about it. What do you want to do or have you already got the parts? Thanks, Ray.
              Originally posted by stain View Post
              I think you might be thinking of another customer Ray---I haven't spoken to APE about this head or carbs. I think my UPS tracking number says my head wasn't due at your doorstep until 4-22
              Stain: I've got my head at Ray's too. It's me that's been talking to APE.

Ray: Been meaning to call you but never seem to get free till after my kids are in bed, and didn't want to disturb you too late. APE is shipping buckets to me, as I've already got spring, retainers, keepers that will work. Jay and I were concerned that the Web 109 cams might have a reduced base circle, thus would need a non-stock valve height - that would have been the reason to ship to you - but I called Debbie at Web though and confirmed that they are stock base circle. I'll hopefully call to chat this afternoon if work allows.

As for the missing carb parts - I cross-referenced the fiches at AlphaSports and the GSXR "understanding carbs" thread - the 750 and 1100 carbs use the same slide spring, but different needles.

Needles:
              750 U.S: 5FZ91
              750 U.K: 5FZ89-3
              1100 California: 5D43
              1100 U.S except California: 5D42

I'll be out to the garage tonight - I'll unbox my parts set and see if I've got springs and needles.

- Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard, I will wait to hear from you today. You can call me whenever & remember I am on the West Coast so I think I am earlier than you. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rcp View Post
                  I'll be out to the garage tonight - I'll unbox my parts set and see if I've got springs and needles.
                  Doh! The springs and needles are all missing.

- Richard

Comment

You could always get a Dynojet kit for the GSXR. It will come with springs and needles if you can't come up with what you need. Even the DJ GSXR jetting should be close to what you need and the DJ kit should be adjustable enough for you.

Comment

I don't believe the DJ kit comes with springs and on that application. I'll just get stock springs. Anyone have springs for 89-92 GSXR1100? Has anyone run this kit for this application? (1980 gs1085)

Comment

tttttttttt

Comment

Working...
                        X