1/4 turn throttle tube up-grade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 turn throttle tube up-grade.

Got the Yamaha R1 tube this week and had the time tonight after supper to put it on.

Easy job and done in about 15 minutes including re-lubing the cable. It is a drop in fit with no modifications required. No chance to ride tonight but hopefully tomorrow. From a static test it seems to turn from idle to full throttle in about 30 degrees or so which seems to me to be about half of the stock. There is no locking of the wrist that I experienced with the stocker.

Hard to get good pics but the one on the left is stock. You can see that the ring that holds the cable is thicker and out several mm from the tube wall on the R1 tube (right side).

I'm thinking it will prove to be a good mod.

Cheers all,
    Spyug

Ps. The tube is from a 2004 R1 but I think it is the same to 2006 or 07 when they went 'fly by wire". The R6 will work too from what I learned but it is faster than the R1 and is considered too hair trigger for the street. Guys tend to run them at the drags.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2009, 09:43 PM.

Cool...this is something I've been wanting to do for a while...

Thanks for the reminder....I hate how much travel the stock throttle has...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

another option

This is really the simplest thing to do and works well and you can do it for just about free.
      You dont have to change the tube, screw with your handlebar grips and you can modify the thickness or even the (cam)profile if you so desire. Just add more PVC. U don't like it start over with a new piece of PVC.

Based onm radius, I got a 20% reduction in rotation for WOT.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...93&postcount=2

Pos

Comment

Working...
      X