Suspension Mod for 85 GS700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Mod for 85 GS700?

Is there a mod or swap for a new rear shock on 85 700E? Mine is tired and not too stiff is there a swap or easy conversion? Where to get them rebuilt?

Nobody rebuilds these shock. Works Performance is the only company I know of that makes a shock specifically for the 700/750 models. YSS has stuff that will work at decent prices depending on which models you choose. I believe Hagon also has a shock that fits. I have a Works on my bike and it works great. Not cheap but quality doesn't come cheap. Some people run GSXR shocks turned upside down.

Discover YSS Suspension, Thailand's leading motorcycle suspension brand. Elevate your ride with our innovative products like the PD Valve Fork Emulator and Fork Cartridge Kits. Trusted in over 30 countries, YSS promises unmatched comfort, control, and precision for every journey. Experience the difference today.

Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Hagon on mine, very happy with it.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Hey all thanks for the replies, not sure if the Hagon is in the budget the bike only cost $400 to begin with and low cost is how the wife deals. I will definitely keep it on the mind and maybe sneak it by sometime. Thanks again. Is the suspension set up the same on the 750s the same as is the 700s?

Comment

Originally posted by AJKnowles700E View Post
          Hey all thanks for the replies, not sure if the Hagon is in the budget the bike only cost $400 to begin with and low cost is how the wife deals. I will definitely keep it on the mind and maybe sneak it by sometime. Thanks again. Is the suspension set up the same on the 750s the same as is the 700s?
          Look at the shocks YSS offers. I believe one of them is well under $300. They have top notch suspension guys from other highly rated manufacturers working for them.

Comment

'85 700/'83 750 same suspension parts.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

YSS shocks at $89.00/pair-Awesome link Billy! You da man! I've been looking at these cheap (not) shocks in my Chapperal catalog, these are way more affordable. I'm in the same boat, got my 1979 GS750 bike for $350. Don't want $400 shocks on it.

Comment

Working...
              X