GSXR/Katana Upgrades on my 550EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martyman View Post
    Its starting to look like a totally different bike...I'm still waiting to read how you do with the Stage three kit.

the stage 3 kit was phenomenal.........it turned this bike into something else along with the PODS installed. Tuning is a dream as well as when you take the PODS off you can adjust your carbs until the slides are all level!

Comment

well.....I'm back on my feet again!

I've decided to keep the bike naked, so I have a few sets of fairings to get sold now.....

I also have the original seat and tail light to get rid of.....

and the original exhaust to get rid of as well......

I even have a new rear sprocket, some trick fairing mounted carbon fiber mirrors, and some carbon fiber flush mount turn signals.......

I'll post some pictures of what I have soon!

I've also run across a Petcock problem now and my bike runs sometimes and doesn't others....so I'll be doing the petcock rebuild before spring!

Comment

Good to see you back Paul. I've been a little worried about you.

How did the handling department turn out on the bike?

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE Billy!

I went with the Katana front wheel which is skinnier than the GSXR front wheel and it matches with the smaller Katana rear wheel! I might have had a little problem with the GSXR front and Katana rear........

I've dragged the peg numerous times through the turns

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
            UNBELIEVABLE Billy!

I went with the Katana front wheel which is skinnier than the GSXR front wheel and it matches with the smaller Katana rear wheel! I might have had a little problem with the GSXR front and Katana rear........

I've dragged the peg numerous times through the turns
            Nobody is ever disappointed with the results. You would have been okay with the 120 up front. I ran that rear with my front end for a year or two before swapping to a 4.5" wheel.

Comment

now I'm having problems with fuel supply.......it runs for 10 minutes then shuts off, you have to wait for about an hour for it to cool off before it will start up again. I've tried to start it with the fuel cap removed and it still won't start until its cooled off. It will start, however, if I spray starter fluid into the carbs but will only run until it burns it off again.

So I know the fuel bowls are empty at this point because it will still turn over with spark. The fuel bowls fill up while the engine is cooling off.

I've rebuilt the petcock, I've changed out the fuel in the tank........

Thoughts:

1) blow out the carbs
              2) blow out the tank vent
              3) blow it all up!

Comment

I had the same issue with my 81 GS750...the petcock was bad..rebuilding it didn't help... Replaced it and all was well; maybe I'm a dork and didn't rebuild it correctly, though. This is a distinct possibility

Sounds like a supply problem to me, but if blowing out the tank vent doesn't solve it, what else could it be besides the petcock??
                Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

The rebuild kits are supposed to be crap.

Comment

Did you get your fuel-problem solved?

Comment

omg all the pictures are gone !!!!!!

Comment

and Colorado85GS550 is listed as a guest now, what gives? Did he remove his account? That's quite a wealth of information that all those pictures contained.

Comment

If you are inactive for 6 months your account is deleted.

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of this? I want to do this before I put my bike together.

Comment

Working...
                            X