Rear shok changeability,for a 1982 gs 550ed,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear shok changeability,for a 1982 gs 550ed,

I replaced my rear shock with the performance onefrom my 1989 kawasaki ninja ZX7 H1 and it fit with no mods,all I have to do is get a longer hose for the reservoir,I just thought I would share that in case any of you were wondering what mods you can do and what parst were interchangeable,

Originally posted by Guiseppi View Post
    I replaced my rear shock with the performance onefrom my 1989 kawasaki ninja ZX7 H1 and it fit with no mods,all I have to do is get a longer hose for the reservoir,I just thought I would share that in case any of you were wondering what mods you can do and what parst were interchangeable,
    do you have pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
      do you have pictures?
      I'll take one in the morning and post it for you,I just got a wild hair up my but and decided to try it and to my surprise,it worked,now all i have to do is get the longer hose and go test it,but it feels really sweet,

Comment

I'm impressed so far with sitting on my GSXR750 shock......I can't wait to drive up the road and try some twisties right outside my door!

Comment

I'm impressed so far with sitting on my GSXR750 shock......I can't wait to drive up the road and try some twisties right outside my door!
          thats what i thinking,I am a truckdriver,so I'll have to wait until saturday,

Comment

here is a pic of the shock,it doesn't show it well,but you can see it,http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_0725.jpg
            the reservoir,http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_0726.jpg
            and the bike,it is gonna get painted,but not until the suspension is finished,http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_0720.jpg
            Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

where did you get the headlights? I want to do that mod to mine with the upper EF fairing.......

definately need to upgrade that front end and do the rear wheel swap too!
              Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

where did you get the headlights? I want to do that mod to mine with the upper EF fairing.......

definately need to upgrade that front end and do the rear wheel swap too!
                from kragen auto.20.00 dolars,

Comment

are they fog lights? can you put a regular H4 bulb in them?

Comment

are they fog lights? can you put a regular H4 bulb in them?
                    they call them driving lights,I call them fog lights myself,but i am not sure abot putting the h4 lights in them./they do get pretty bright though.

Comment

are they mounted within the OEM fork mounted headlight braces for the square headlight?

Comment

are they mounted within the OEM fork mounted headlight braces for the square headlight?
                        yes,my bro is gonna make a bracket for them so I can get ridf of the factory mount,and so I can clean up the wiring,.

Comment

took it out for a ride in the twisties today,damn it handles like a mofo,it's frickin sweet,now I just have to make a few adjustments with the sag and it should be ready to go,all I have to do now is put some dunlop 501s on it will stick a whole lot better,

Comment

think of how good it rides in the twisties now......then come down and ride mine

it's night and day.......

Comment

think of how good it rides in the twisties now......then come down and ride mine

it's night and day.......
                              you've probably got some really nice twisty roads there,don't you,

Comment

Working...
                              X