Air Mixture adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Mixture adjustment

I just purchased an 86 GS 1150 that has an 1100 engine in it.
    I'm pretty good at carb cleaning and adjusting and have already completed the internal cleaning, but need some help.

1100 engine has GS 1150 carbs with 138 main jets, header pipe, and KN pod filters.

I am about to attempt a carb sync but seems like I'll have to have the air mixture set before doing the carb sync.

My guess is I have to turn the air mixture screws all the way in then back out 2 to 3 turns, or waht ever is needed.

I'm just not sure that's the correct procedure. Can anyone confirm the process?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2009, 12:28 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Lucky you. You have a Dynojet kit installed.
    Pull the needle out and make sure you are on the third notch from the bottom. You may have to lean 1/2 a notch from there.

Run the motor at a low idle. Turn in each mixture screw until the motor starts to drag. Bring out the screw until the idle smooths out. Do this one at a time to all idle mixture screws.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

with 138 main jets == DynoJet

Comment

Working...
      X