Are GS1000 air rear shocks better than GS1100G standard shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are GS1000 air rear shocks better than GS1100G standard shocks

A pair of air shocks said to be from a GS1000 are available and I was wondering if they are any better than the standard GS1100G (83) shocks?

Pic of advertised shocks below

TIA

Two air shocks are off a Suzuki GS1000, But also fit most of the Suzuki GS range. They were put on 1979 GS750E for a year until the bike got sold. There are...

The GS1000 chain drive shocks pictured are aftermarket. They will not directly bolt up to any shaft drive GS (including your 1100G) without some modification. The bottom mounts are the clevis type, while the shaft drives use a standard eye mount. Dar

Comment

Thanks. I had figured I could do the mod if there was likely to be a performance gain

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
        The GS1000 chain drive shocks pictured are aftermarket. They will not directly bolt up to any shaft drive GS (including your 1100G) without some modification. The bottom mounts are the clevis type, while the shaft drives use a standard eye mount. Dar
        No and yes mate,
        Those shocks are standard on the GS1000ET around these parts.
        They perform ok, not sure if they would be an upgrade though, there must be a reason they were only fitted for one year.
        The G would need to be modified for them to fit, not sure I would bother for those shocks.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
          No and yes mate,
          Those shocks are standard on the GS1000ET around these parts.
          They perform ok, not sure if they would be an upgrade though, there must be a reason they were only fitted for one year.
          The G would need to be modified for them to fit, not sure I would bother for those shocks.
          Cheers

Thanks, that was the sort of advice I was after. I see you have an ET... maybe you can use them. They seem like a good buy at $50 NZ

Comment

Yeah mate for that money they arent a bad buy.
            Like I said they work alright, but *I* don't like the way they look.
            I am saving my $$$ for some others.
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X