No announcement yet.

Replacing stock coils on GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be that time of age on the old GS models that coil become a little sad. I have just replaced my 1000St couls with Dyna units..
    The air gap comments are useful as when I pulled the lead from the plug cap the spark was OK, but when returned to the plug cap the miss continued.. It took awhile to figure out what the problem was.. The dyna coils fixed it..
    Simon

Comment

i just switched over to a Dyna S unit and Dyna coils and i got their radio suppression wires. i figured they'd come pre-made...but no. i dont have tools to make wires here, so i had to take it to an auto shop and have them do it. its probably cost me about $60 for these damn plug wires now. they better be the BEST plug wires ever or i'm gonna feel gyyped! 8O

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
        i just switched over to a Dyna S unit and Dyna coils and i got their radio suppression wires. i figured they'd come pre-made...but no. i dont have tools to make wires here, so i had to take it to an auto shop and have them do it. its probably cost me about $60 for these damn plug wires now. they better be the BEST plug wires ever or i'm gonna feel gyyped! 8O
        From one of my earlier posts in this thread: "You can use either wire or silicon leads, I used 8mm silicon high tension leads (plug wires) from an auto parts store, they were cheap at $10.00 for four, but if you want to spend more for pretty much the same quality, Dyna, accel and a few other brand name companies will sell you a set for 3 or 4 times that much money."

Oh, and did I mention that the cheapies from the auto parts store are radio suppressed too? Sorry mate, consider yourself gypped..............

Comment

Working...
        X