No announcement yet.

does anyone know where to find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I actually remembered something from high school.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
      is the actual inlet for the filter open to the air? so it sucks in half filtered air and half unfiltered air?

if that's the case, drill out the back of a set of Emgo filters. i have 4, new in the box still, on my table. i bet they can be drilled out.

~Adam
      The air is filtered, I want the open end because as the air gets sucked in it makes a really nice low tone at WOT. I have one on my car and it sounds great. I guess this does make it a little ricey, just a little. I have a 4 into 1 with a Two Brothers Racing can and it sounds beautiful. Everytime I ride to work no one can beleive how old my bike is because it sounds so good.

Comment

[quote="djturnz"]I want pods, I just want a certain style of pods. My Topic Title was ' Does anyone know where to find one of these' not ' Does anyone want to share their opinion about what I am doing to MY bike'quote]

Ha ha, brilliant "dummy spit" mate, geez, I'm learning so much from my cousins across the pond, I had no idea what "ricing" meant, makes me laugh how adding mostly US made aftermarket items to a jap bike is referred to as "ricing it up", something Irish about that....... (oops, sorry, my apologies to the Irish)

Anyway, keep that indignant vitreole going mate, good to see a real "hissy fit" in print on this site once in awhile, haven't seen anything like this since Scotty accidently said something about the women in Finland, I think it was.

Okay, gotta go try that banana tip, I'd just about finished the "ram air conversion on my ST, but had a bit of a set back this afternoon when the wife demanded her vacuum cleaner hose back, then she got cranky when she realised I'd epoxyed a funnel in one end, to act as an air scoop. Ah well, I was having problems cutting a nice round hole in the seat so I could feed the hose direct into the airbox anyway..............

You don't think these sort of performance mods (ram air/tank banana etc) are too "ricey" do you?

Comment

DJ what you need to is a shop with a K&N catalogue.
          Now I am assuming you wish to retain the plenum chamber behingd the carbs and replace the air filter housing with a K&N cone style filter?
          If so what you need to do is measure the size of the plenum neck at the joint to the air filter housing and then take that measurememnt to the K&N catalogue and select an appropriate filter, paying attention to the free space you have available between frame rails etc.
          Dink
          I have just ordered an single filter sock for my Kat, unfortunately not the cone style you are after or I would have just given you the part number.

Comment

Working...
          X