GS new mods w/questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS new mods w/questions

So I did a couple mods on the bike and I have to say it responds pretty well. At the moment I have Emgo pods and I believe Mac 4 to 1 exhaust. I used 120 minkuni main jets. From reading I heard the Emgo pods are crap, but I didn't know that when I bought them. I ordered some k&n filters.

My questions are will I have to rejet again for k&n filters? Also for the exhaust does the baffles normally come without packing? How much quieter does it make the bike with the exhaust packing?

I took my exhaust system (Wolf Racing) off the bike a few weeks ago to apply a few coats of Flameproof VHT, and took the opportunity to re-wrap the baffle. I got the fiberglass here...(great folks to deal with!).
    Anyway, I'm pleased with the results...while the system wasn't offensively loud to begin with (it still had about 1/3 the amount of the original packing inside), I wanted to reduce the sound level a bit for highway running, which it seems to have done. I would say the most noticeable differences are at idle, where the bike burbles softly, and at steady-throttle cruising on the highway, where the sound is much more mellow. Under hard acceleration past 5000 rpm, typically when the Wolf is in full cry, there appears to be very little difference. It also seems to have picked up some mid-range power, but I'm not sure if this is real, or imagined.....just feels more torque-y.
    Re. the pods, I would just throw the new ones on, and see how it runs...probably check the plugs for colour, and go from there. The EMGO's apparently don't flow as consistently as the better filters.

Tony.
    Last edited by Mysuzyq; 09-05-2009, 10:18 PM.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
    X