Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** i dunno
    my bike is stock 83 750ed
    i looked at the fiche i dont know where i seen it at, i see it on the 1100,and was told there drop in, and tach would work, so now i have no need for the 1100 cams i guess
    i will buy new race cams if all else
    when i got the bike i had a few probs with the tach acting up n didnt see the inlet but there is a cable from the tachometer, not a wire
    at first i thought it was electronic the way it was messing with me
    i havent even messed with it yet but i was positive it was regular drive

Comment

i also was told that i would need to use the 750 gears , and my factory manual i think the specs on the 750-700 cams are identical
      i wanted the 1100 for the duration ,i figured it would have a lil more lift as well
      new cams or used race cams shouldnt be hard to get but its the cost thats killing me , i should part it out n buy a gsxr to rebuild

but even stock i love my bike it has tons of power,n fun for a lil 750!, like i said b4
      this bike stock would eat my kz1000st, stock, my kz only toped out at 120,and it was a heavy bike , but i miss it

Comment

700 cams are different than 750... If you put 700 pistons on your 750 crank with 700 cams that'll boost compression and give you more power....

My 700 might be for sale soon... I see you're in Illinois....
        Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
          **** i dunno
          my bike is stock 83 750ed
          i looked at the fiche i dont know where i seen it at, i see it on the 1100,and was told there drop in, and tach would work, so now i have no need for the 1100 cams i guess
          i will buy new race cams if all else
          when i got the bike i had a few probs with the tach acting up n didnt see the inlet but there is a cable from the tachometer, not a wire
          at first i thought it was electronic the way it was messing with me
          i havent even messed with it yet but i was positive it was regular drive
          Aftermarket cams have the tach drive built into them, so they can work with mechanical or electronic tachs. The '83 1100 had a mechanical tach drive, but the '83 and up 750's were electronic. By the way, '80-82 and 83 & up engines are very different, not much swaps between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
            700 cams are different than 750... If you put 700 pistons on your 750 crank with 700 cams that'll boost compression and give you more power....

My 700 might be for sale soon... I see you're in Illinois....

i have a factory manual-
            750/700 pistons are the same
            cams - have exact same height, intake and exhaust, the difference is the cam timing, so i can degree in my 750 cams n get more power

imin il but im broke lol

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
              Aftermarket cams have the tach drive built into them, so they can work with mechanical or electronic tachs. The '83 1100 had a mechanical tach drive, but the '83 and up 750's were electronic. By the way, '80-82 and 83 & up engines are very different, not much swaps between them.

the cams i was told would be drop in, but would be best to degree them in
              there is a cable from my tach, where it goes i dont know (thats why i said look at the fiche)- it doesnt show enough on the motor with out checking in person
              i will look sometime-- cause if its electronic why would it be cable drive??

Comment

"The 699cc bikes were destroked only, bore is the same as the 747cc bike at 67mm.

Keep the 747cc crank and rods and use the 699cc pistons. They are slightly domed to make up for the loss of compression due to destroking. The combo will give you a tad over 10-1 as opposed to the 9.6-1 stock compression. In my experience, around 10.5-1 is the max would want to go with this TSCC head for street use on pump gas.

I have run this combo for years in my '83, it is a very easy way to get a bump in compression without boring the block or shaving the head.

Hi lift aftermarket cams work well with compression increases, if you are still running stock cams it probably is not going to be worthwile. Add cams (something in the .330 lift range) and the 699cc pistons and you will be surprised by the change."

Oldschoolgs
                Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I have compared '80-82 750 and 80-82 1100 cams and the 750 cams have 220 deg duration @0.50 The 1100 cams are 230 deg @0.50.
                  I dont know about '83 750 cams. Advertised duration for the 750 is 268deg and for the 1100, 280deg.

Comment

Working...
                  X